General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Default 2 Questions Please

1. Can anyone suggest a good credit card with low APR and no annual fee. If not, please provide me with information on a good credit card. I've never needed one, but I would like to have one for Christmas shopping this year.. as opposed to using cash (as I have in years past-it's not a good idea). I hear a lot of people have problems with some credit card companies.

2. Has anyone ever ordered prints online? (Digital photo prints)
I've found one website that offers 30 free plus 12 cents for each additional print. It's cheaper than our local 1 hour photo. I'm just wondering if online developing is legit.

I'd appreciate any knowledge/help! Thanks!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 12:28 AM   #2  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

Well, for #2 I can say some online photo places are legit, and I can most likely tell you if it is legit or not. Have you tried walmart online photo printing? I have used walmart before, but usually do mine through either of a couple different Canadian companies depending on the type of print.

As far as the credit cards go, I have heard lots of good things about capital one... but I am no expert

http://www.capitalone.com/creditcard..._C3_02_G_CCOMP
Old 10-22-2006, 12:34 AM   #3  

I heard Capital One shows on your credit report that your "limit" is whatever you owe on the card. (It will always look like you've surpassed the card limit). Of course, that just only what I hear..don't know if that's true.
I thought about using a photo service called "snapfish?".
Thanks for the reply!
Old 10-22-2006, 12:43 AM   #4  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

snapfish very popular, and I have not heard anything bad about them (and I am in tech support). They are owned by HP, and used by Comcast (possibly used by others, but I know Comcast uses them) I'd say they are a good bet, and definitely worth a try

(Comcast Photo Center - Snapfish) http://www.comcast.net/photocenter/

I have never heard that about capital one, and it doesn't seem like something that would be a good idea for any credit card company to do (although, being a credit card company I wouldn't put it past them) I'm very curious now.... lol gonna have to do some research
Old 10-22-2006, 01:17 AM   #5  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

1. Stay away from American Express and store credit cards. I have heard the citibank is pretty good, but everyone has different experiences.

2. I use shutterfly and I like it. Walmart has it so you can download it and pick it up in an hour or they can be mailed to you for cheaper.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:06 AM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

i am pretty sure you're right about capitol one, but they are not the only ones that do this. they always put a note on your credit report tho that says "balance is credit limit" or "credit limit is balance" etc.
I pull people's credit reports all the time. I suggest you go to your local credit union. they can usually give the best rates, are not subject to fdic's stricter guidelines. the one i work for never raises your rate if you are late or for any reason, really. what you see is what you get. i suggest you look for something like that.

i use photobucket, but my folks use snapfish and love it.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:51 PM   #7  

I'm currently staying at home with my daughter. I'm wondering if I will have to provide proof of income if I apply online or if it's instant approval and they go ahead and mail the card?
Do they just go by your credit score or do you have to supply other information.. such as current work address, etc..
Old 10-22-2006, 01:00 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHousewife View Post
1. Can anyone suggest a good credit card with low APR and no annual fee. If not, please provide me with information on a good credit card. I've never needed one, but I would like to have one for Christmas shopping this year.. as opposed to using cash (as I have in years past-it's not a good idea). I hear a lot of people have problems with some credit card companies.

2. Has anyone ever ordered prints online? (Digital photo prints)
I've found one website that offers 30 free plus 12 cents for each additional print. It's cheaper than our local 1 hour photo. I'm just wondering if online developing is legit.

I'd appreciate any knowledge/help! Thanks!!!
I'm going to second the recommendation for Citibank. I don't know anything about their acceptance, but as a member for 12 years I have been very impressed with their service. Anytime "unusual" charges have showed up on my card, they have called me. Most of the time these were mine, but once it wasn't. They immediately took care of this for me and with very little hassle I got the erroneous charges removed.

The BEST part about Citibank is their Virtual Card numbers. What this is good for is if you do online shopping. You generate a credit card number that is a one time use number, use it at whatever web site you need to and it can never be used again. This is really helpful just in case what ever site you bought something from, gets hacked and the customer's credit card numbers are stolen ( which is what had happened to me before I knew about the virtual card numbers). The card was used once to make the original purchase and can never be used again!

Just my experience.. YMMV but I've been very happy.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

I've never done an online photo place, but I know people who use snapfish and really like it.

The credit card I used 99.5% of the time is Discover. While I've had some issues with them over the years, I've had it forever and have really benefitted from the cash back feature. I don't know about how hard it is to get one these days, though. I am pretty sure, though, that you'll have to provide information on any card that you want that didn't send you a preapproved letter.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:42 PM   #10  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Dunno about credit cards, but Snapfish is the way to go for online prints. I've been using them for over a year now, and as far as quality, service, and convenience go... I don't think you can get any better.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:10 PM   #11  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I don't know about the photo thing (I print my own on my color printer at home), but as for credit cards, I can say I HATE Chase. With a burning passion. I've had both Capital One and CitiBank in the past (switched from Citi to CO for the lower interest rate at the time) and didn't have any memorable probalems with either, but Chase has been nothing but a pain in my rear. They changed my interest rate from fixed to variable, then increased it (all for no good reason--I've never so much as been late with a payment, let alone missed one, nor have I ever been over my limit. In fact, I typically make 2 payments per month, whenever I have a few extra bucks). When I called to complain (some companies will lower it again if you do this), they were less than helpful. They decreased it to a 10.99 variable rate (I had a 6.99% FIXED rate when I signed up for the card) and said that was the best they could do. Lo and behold, I now get offers from Chase on a weekly basis (sometimes more than once a week) to open a new account with a 7.99% fixed APR. Why can't they just lower the one I ALREADY have to 7.99%?! ARGH!

</rant>
Old 10-22-2006, 06:27 PM   #12  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I have a capital one card and have never had any problems with it on my credit report or otherwise... same with my discover card. I got them both when I was employed fulltime though so I can't say how it works as far as income. My friend did try to apply for a Capitol one card (she's a SAHM) and they denied her because she doesn't have a job... you may want to be aware of that.

As far as online photoprinting goes... I've uses snapfish, shutterfly, and walmart with great results . Snapfish printed me a poster size photo and it came out awesome!
Old 10-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

As far as credit cards goes, I've had problems with Capital One and Discover. Discover likes to increase APR's (fixed or variable) whenever they feel like it with no explanation (not because of federal hikes either) and I've had 2 instances where my online payment failed. CO makes mistakes with their rewards programs ALL of the time (charging when they shouldn't). I had Chase at one point, and I had a few billing problems with them. Bank of America has high limits, but they like to change fixed rates to variable rates. I have my balance on an RBS card, and they made their 0% fixed intro APR all year, and I haven't had any problems. RBS is the best one I've had, and I've had them all. I have an American Express card (I never use), so I can't say much about them. But I HIGHLY recommend RBS.

I just want to say, I have NEVER paid a dime in interest in 4 years, because I always transfer after my 0% APR intro rates expire. And it's always in November when I transfer; you would think someone looking at my credit report would realize what I'm doing, but I always get my balance transferred. I think the credit cards work so many people over, they need to worked over sometimes.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:02 AM   #14  

I just ordered prints through Snapfish! I wonder how long it will take to get them. It said 2 or 3 days..but we'll see.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:09 AM   #15  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I like Capital One if you have to have a Credit Card. But have you tried Pay Pal? You can put money into it and also I think they do have a credit card too. Oh and with Pay Pal you earn interest on all your purchases or you get $$ back. Not sure exactly how it works but I know you do get something.......

#2 I have no idea..........
Closed Thread