General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 03:34 PM   #1  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Default Does your SO read your e-mail?

Question for all y'all:

Do you give your significant others access to your e-mails, personal blogs, etc?

3FC is such a mix of ladies (and Gary--EZMONEY lol) with lots of different backgrounds--just interested in your thoughts on this subject.

Would you mind sharing your age (approximate is fine--for instance I am in my 40's). This will help me get an understanding of the age groups that respond.

Thanks so much!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:36 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I am 46. Mine doesn't read mine but I wouldn't care if he did.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #3  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

My DH doesn't but has access to them. I have nothing to hide. Some I share with him, ones I think he would want to read. But we have an e-mail address together and I have one and he has the passwords to both so if he wants to read them he can. And I am 47 years young!
Old 10-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #4  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

I'm 26, and don't let my SO read my emails. Alot of the stuff is private between me and those people. I respect his friendships and that part of his life, and I think he should give that respect to me. If there is something important that he needs to know then I'll tell him. I once dated a guy who would read all my emails behind my back, and it felt like an invasion of privacy! I don't know, to each their own.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm 28. My husband doesn't have my passwords, but I've got nothing to hide. He's never asked for my passwords and I just never thought of telling him them. He knows which sites I go to, there aren't many. I don't have time!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #6  
Headbanger

S/C/G: 225/218/180

Height: 5'9"

I am 37. I don't have a SO right now, but my crazy teenage son will read my email if I leave my laptop logged on. Interestingly if I walk by him while he is on his MySpace or typing an email he crowds around the montior to block my view like he is planning a heist or something.

Teenagers

Last edited by RockerGirl; 10-09-2006 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:08 PM   #7  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I'm 39, My husband could and may read my emails. We share an email address, but he almost never checks it. It wouldn't bother me if he did though, as whatever I write, I write it realizing that he could read it (and so could my kids for that matter). It's just not something that bothers me one way or another. I don't blog, so that doesn't pertain to me.

Edited to say that I *would* mind if he followed the links to 3FC and saw what I weighed. That part is still very secretive.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My DH as well as my children have open access to my computer (well, except for the bookkeeping programs--but they ALL know where the passwords are for that!). My kids email me their homework, go to my computer, pull it up, and print it out any time they want. They could read the email if they wanted. I don't care. My DH could also, but when it comes to computers, he thinks all they are good for is solitaire!!! If he wants to look up something on the internet, he asks me to do it!!! I do share a lot of email with him--if it pertains to him or he might be interested in it.

So, I'm an open book--but my DH won't let me read over her back (LOL--little does she know I've found her Blog!!!).

Oh, I'm 43 and we've been married 18 1/2 years. We also work together (for the past 9 months). And we built a house together (no one believed our marriage would survive that one!!! Guess they don't know us very well!).

On a funny note, my friend delivered my CAbi order on Saturday (it's a home clothes shopping party thing). I threw the garment bag on the table and walked her out to the car. DH saw the bag and the price (over $300) and when I came back in, he joked that he was going to come out and complain that my dry cleaning bill was awfully high!!! It's nice that he doesn't harp on what I buy (but then, I don't harp on what he buys, either!).
Old 10-09-2006, 04:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 300/265/175

Height: 5'8

I'm 28. My husband and I share an acct and have seperate ones. He's a "gamer" and uses his for all that info, mine is for junk mail (tons of spam there ). We don't use those accts for outgoing mail. The one we share he rarely checks unless he's online and I ask him too. We both know the info to all the accounts.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

I'm 47, married, we both have computers and separate e-mails, I wouldn't care if he saw what I write but, I wouldn't want him to see what my friends and family had to write some things are just better left private.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:01 PM   #11  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

I am 31, we have been married for 6 months, together for 2 years. He is more than welcome to read anything anywhere but he is not nosy like that. If I know something is interesting to him I will read it to him. We have a board together that he'll go breeze thru and post here or there but he doesn't have alot of time on the p.c. with work and family. He knows all passwords.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #12  
susanb1960

S/C/G: not sure yet

Height: 5'7"

I'm 46 and my partner does not read my emails...although I would let her if she had any interest. We don't have many secrets...maybe a few about money but not really. I do think email and mail are private though and we should respect each others privacy.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:26 PM   #13  

My BF & I have separate computers & separate email addresses.

He does have access to my PC & knows the password to logon - my email password is saved, so if he really wanted to read it he could. He's aware of some of the message boards I'm on but as far as I'm aware he doesn't come read them (but I wouldn't care if he did) again - if he were to logon my computer, they're all saved in my favorites & password saved as well.

I don't have the password to his computer or emails - never really saw the need to ask for it. I trust him & he doesn't really hide the things he does online anyway....

(forgot to add, I am 38 - he is 34)

Last edited by Wolfena; 10-10-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #14  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

My husband and I have our own computers and our own emails and he has his own forum he goes too. I wouldn't even think of invading his privacy and he wouldn't think of invading mine, even though neither of us have anything at all to hide and if he read my emails or my forum here, I would kinda be ticked that he read it, but again I have nothing to hide.

Oh and I'm 32 btw.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #15  

My fiance has access to my email. If he wants to read it he can, I dont' have anything to hide. Same goes for his... I don't read it, but I have access to it. Lol there's nothing in there that's juicy enough for me to want to read.
Closed Thread