General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 10:53 PM   #31  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

My SO and I are in a LDR, I'm 21. He has my standard pw that I use on most forums and stuff, but my email and a couple of other things have different PWs that he does not have access to, nor will he. I have a blog on another forum that deals with a lot of my sensitive stuff, but he respects my privacy and doesn't read it unless I directly link him to it because I want him to see something.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:19 AM   #32  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

I'm 35 and hubby is 48. We have open access to the computer so he could read my e-mails if he wanted and I could read his. We don't because there is no reason. Very often, we are sitting next to each other in the study and chatting while one or the other checks e-mails and forums and stuff. Nothing to hide. He knows I post here but he hears me talk about weight loss and things of interest I read here often enough that he's totally no interested in actually reading any of it, hehe. We own an online forum together and so obviously have total access to that. Neither of us have any IMs or go to chat rooms except occasionally for the one on our own forum.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:01 AM   #33  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Im 38 years old, and I don't think Monte has read my emails...but they are open for him to if he wants. I used to stage manager theatre plays and so usually I had about 40-60 emails per day on which ever play I was working on.
I usually talk about whats happening in 3FC sometime during the day...
Old 10-10-2006, 08:19 AM   #34  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm 23 and DF doesn't read my e-mails that I know of!!! I have about 3 or 4 e-mail accounts anyway! Junk and on-line shopping, a little-used personal one, and new-name personal one and a work one. I wouldn't mind if he did read them, there's just some harmless flirting on there and other rubbish! However I do have a secret blog that he doesn't know about (and I don't update often anyway) and I wouldn't want him reading because it's more fiction than fact about a certain person!!!!

I have access to his e-mails and know all his passwords, but I don't read his e-mails unless he asks me.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:27 AM   #35  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I am 24, BF is 28 and we live together. He doesn't read my emails or know any of my passwords, although he is fully aware of my 3FC habit and reads my blog. Perhaps that will change, but even though I don't have anything to hide, I can't imagine anyone having that info.

Now, he has a few emails, but uses his work for all of his personal correspondance. I will open his general Outlook email do dig out a hotel confirmation or something, but not often. I have never found anything I shouldn't have, but it bugs him a bit. I guess it's a personal thing.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:35 AM   #36  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for all these great responses--all very interesting!
Old 10-10-2006, 11:50 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

My pass to anything is the same. Hubby knows it. I have no idea if he checks my stuff. Nothing in there to worry about anyways! I know all of his passwords, and I will look through now and then, just curious....I trust him. He doesn't have a problem with it, or he'd lock it up. He does have one addy that I can't remember, so I'm sure he'd be smart enough to send anything incriminating there...lol. Not that I worry about that.

Kim
Old 10-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Age 39, married 15 years. We have the same password but different mailboxes. If he's reading my email, I wish he'd delete all the junk.

ETA: I don't blog, but I do have a journal that I don't really like to see him nosing around in.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #39  
Domestic Engineer

I'm 37 and married for 10 years. My dh never checks our email, but I wouldn't care if he did read them.
Message boards for some reason are a different story- it would bug me if I found him snooping on here or others I frequent
Old 10-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #40  
ooooh... sparkly!

S/C/G: 236/226/135

Height: 5'4"

i'm 26... married for almost 3 years
DH knows most of my passwords, including the one i use for email, but i doubt he ever checks it. not like i get anything all that secretive or exciting, 'cept the occasional "steamy story" from HipsandCurves.com

i can access his stuff, but i don't bother... no reason to.

i wouldn't like it much if he was snooping around here, and i don't give him access to my livejournal, either. he knows that's off-limits, and he's nice enough to respect that... especially since he knows that journaling is often times the only thing that keeps me relatively sane.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:44 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 175/163/140

Height: 5'5

I'm 27 yrs old and I've been married for three years. MY DH does not have access to my email. It's funny because I actually have access to his, but I don't log into it unless he asks me to.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #42  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

I'm 42 and my DH is 48, and we each have our own email accounts, and my DD does also. I have nothing to hide, but I think each person needs their own privacy.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:46 PM   #43  

We have one shared account....he wouldn't read my e-mail even if it was titled "I love you and can't wait to see you again!".....he just is not interested.

I read his e-mails if it is something that interests me...like a golf date, or something that might effect our family routine, or I have to plan around or something....he is so casual that he sometimes doesn't get around to telling me stuff....he doesn't care one way or the other....I also have a MSN e-mail account that no one really sends me anything on and I have my mail filter set pretty high so I don't get spam.

We both also have work e-mails.....we don't read each others, for no other reason than it doesn't occur to us....but I use the same password or variety of password for everything so he could access it if he wanted to.

I am 43 and he is 6 days younger....we will have been married 17 years this saturday.

He is not the jealous type at all.....I was a total flirt when I was in my 20's before we were married and it didn't bother him one bit 'cause he knew I was always going home with him...and I have been for 22 years!

Liz
Old 10-17-2006, 12:13 PM   #44  
1st baby due 3/1/07!!!

S/C/G: 150/158/135

Height: 5.3

My boyfriend and I have our own e-mail accounts and we keep our accounts private. That being said, we do trust one another and have traded passwords when needed. However, with that comes the need for respect. Just because we have the access/passwords, it doesn't mean we have free reign to go through each other's inbox. I completely trust him and vice versa, I don't need to go looking for what doesn't exist.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #45  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

I'm 34, DH doesn't have access and neither do I. No real reason for it, just somethings don't need to be shared. I'm all for togetherness but it has its limits.
Closed Thread