General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 11:13 AM   #1  

Default oprah

A long time ago (about a month) someone asked if Oprah was gaining weight again but no one answered. Does any one know the answer to that one?
Old 09-18-2006, 12:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/148/120

Height: 5'2"

I don't know for sure, but I did see previews of her premiere shows starting today, the 18th, and she does look like she's gained weight. Probably because her program was so demanding. I tried her program, and quit after the first day. It's way too much work, working out twice a day an hour at a time some days. So yeah, I kind of expected her to gain weight back....her plan was not realistic.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:45 PM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I watched today's show. She did look like she had gained a bit back. Once you hit your low point (weight wise), it's not easy to stay there - she admits she still loves food even if she knows how to make better choices.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:12 AM   #4  
1st baby due 3/1/07!!!

S/C/G: 150/158/135

Height: 5.3

towards the end of last season she had bob greene back on the show and she had gained weight.....like LaBonita said, her exercise program was really demanding and her food restrictions were tough too
Old 09-19-2006, 10:27 AM   #5  

I always wonderd if that's why she had her picture on the magazine every month. Kind of a way to remain accountable. But I know they can air brush those pictures so that might not be.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:39 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I saw an Oprah show about a month ago where she said that she had been in Africa and was not able to eat her usual diet or exercise per her usual routine and she admitted that it played havoc with her weight. I really like Oprah, she's a true woman and faces the same everyday struggles that we face, except for the money, of course.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #7  

I am with lilybelle, I think Oprah is awesome and it makes me sad that her weight has become such a public focus. Like so many women she struggles, yet every ounce she may add or subtract is public knowledge. I appreciate her humble self disclosure with her battle.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:46 AM   #8  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

I love Oprah! I'm happy she's come so far, and I think she has worked hard for it (weight wise and career wise).

I don't _always_ agree with her points of view but I think she has remained very respectful in her topics, unlike some of the other talk shows.

I'm sure she'll probably always yo yo a little bit. As the others said, her program is TOUGH. Ouch! And to be in front of a camera and the gossip mags all of the time, that must be tough. Everyone has a few bad days/weeks.
Closed Thread