General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:41 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

laughs- i get grief cause of the dogs we have ..but we live in the country altho i must admit two of em sometime get more of my bed than my husband and i ... we have taz who is 9 years old and is a spitz and 4 female boxers (1 brindle, one pure white, and two fawn) named tizzy, angel, lilo, and lil bit. We had a male boxer named stitch up til a few weeks ago when a rattlesnake found its way into our yard and sent 4 of our dogs to the vet .. lil bit and angel seemed to know to leave something hissing alone ..while the other 4 were a bit more curious ... my son was heart broke to lose stitch he was a great pal for him that would ride everywhere with him. We spoil them endlessly as they are each our babies .. altho i must say Taz thinks we are here just to feed him and occasionally scratch his tummy. other than that he resents the fact we have 4 other dogs. I just fell in love with boxers .. they are so loveable and energetic and have such personalities!!! Angel likes to get in the pool and do laps daily.... tizzy thinks her full name is *tizzy get out of the kitchen* and she has caused more damage than i care to admit- i never knew a dog to learn how to open an oven!!..hence the name tornado tizzy on her papers. Lil bit likes to undo the gate and take off for a stroll every now and then .. and lilo thinks the refrigerator could be her personal buffet if we would just quit catchin her opening the door! i have heard of latches to keep babies outta cabinets and such but ya heard of a latch for a fridge for a dog?? yea .. we are nuts
Old 07-30-2006, 10:43 AM   #17  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I LOVE animals too! We have: All of our pets have more than one nickname.

3 dogs:
1. JRT/ Rebel (6 years old) aka Rurubear
2. Keeshond/ Candi (5 years old) aka FuzzyButt
3. Cairn mix/ Mickey (3 years old) aka MonkeyButt

6 cats:
1. Himalayan Maine Coon mix/ Meanie (15 years old) aka Meanie Beanie
2. White & tiger/T.J. (10 years old) aka Fat Cow(because she looks like a cow
3. Grey tiger/ Butterball (6 years old) aka Princess
4. Flame point siamese/ Tyson (1 year old) aka TysieWysie
5. Siamese(Tyson's brother) / Teddy (1 year old) aka TeddyBear
6. Ragdoll/ Puddin (8 months old) aka Puddinpop

We also have a stray that we have been feeding for the last 4 years but he likes to roam and wont fully adopt us. His name is Domino. Sadly enough we also have a new stray hanging around right now that I am trying to earn his trust.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:07 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

I am a big fan of the (guinea) pig. I've had piggies for years. Right now we have a guinea named Binary, but I mainly call her my little pork product, porkerhouse steak, noisemaker, party favor..Un Pequeno. sweet pea, little on, Furry Little Wedge.

We had a kitten named Hexidecimal that we always called "Kit-F" ( Kitty= kit E), but he became veryy sick and died at 9 months. As you can tell, our animals "god given names" only appear on vet things... I'm very excited to see that other people have guinea pigs.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:27 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laelle
I'm glad my household isn't the only crazy one! My friends and family think we're nuts. We have:

1. Three dogs - Lucy (terrier mix), Bingo (Shih-Tzu mix) and Sadie (lab-border collix mix).

2. Four cats - Panther, Simba, Angel and Molly.

3. One Quaker parrot - Riley.

4. One bunny - Benjamin.

5. One guinea pig - Kelly.

6. One rat - Fiona.

7. One hamster - Emily.

The last two places my daughter and I have lived have been determined by the space for and acceptance of our pets -

Lori
I'm jealous! I want a quaker parrot! They aren't legal in the state of Kansas, and they can be difficult to get ahold of, but someday I will have one.
Yes, someday I will have a quaker parrot. Someday I will also have a Timneh African Grey parrot - they are smaller than the red tail African Grey's and talk just as well I think they are beautiful birds... in many respects, having a parrot is much like having a child.
I currently have 4 cockatiels, one which talks - his favorite phrase is "whatcha doin". I have 2 pied males (you can't visually determine the sex of a pied, but we know because they both attempt to mate with the girls) - they are General MooMoo and Fred. I have a normal grey female, Tweety. And a fallow female, Friday.
I'm a bird person if you can't tell. I love my birds!
We also have to cats. Tilly, we found as a stray by the convenience store dumpster. Then we got Socks as a companion for Tilly.
Birds and cats... our house can get chaotic sometimes! For the most part, we have trained the cats to leave the birds alone - but of course, it is a natural instinct to prey on birds, so we are still very watchful.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:31 AM   #20  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

dakota a siberian husky
samoa a cat
Closed Thread