General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 10:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Default My friend's stepdad...

Today, we were leaving my friends house and her neice came to say good bye, and my friend and her stepdad were telling her to give me a kiss, and she just kinda stared at me (shes 3 and doesnt know me real well) But then, my friend's dad told her again, and gave her a 'demonstration' He kissed me on the cheek! It is 100% possible that i am overreacting, but it made me really uncomfortable. I have to ride with them in a tiny little truck, so we're all smushed together, and her stepdad is right by me because my friend drives (we go to driver's ed) So now im gonna feel even more 'weirded out' about being so close to him and the little things that have happened (i.e., 'accidently' touching my leg, etc.). I'm most likely overreacting, but...

I dunno what i'll do about it, i guess i just wanted to talk. Thankfully i only have to do this for 3 more days.

Last edited by cardsfan2009; 06-20-2006 at 10:55 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 258/218/169

Height: 5'9"

NO ONE has the right to make you feel uncomfortable!!! Do not doubt your instincts. If you are thinking about it enough to post it here, then I'm concerned. Find a way to change this situation or someone to help you (like your mom, dad, grandparent). You can just tell them that it feels weird and makes you uncomfortable. You can do it! Trust yourself! Good luck!
Old 06-20-2006, 11:14 PM   #3  
CrazyCrystalcc

S/C/G: 223/223/160

Height: 5'2

yeah I agree with Shrinking Mama tell some one that your uncomfortable being around him after what happened and all. Talk to your family.....
Old 06-21-2006, 12:36 AM   #4  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

I agree that you should talk to someone in your family. You are not making judgements about his intentions by doing this.. just stating your feelings. You will feel more empowered and also know that someone else is looking out for you concerning this.

He could be quite unaware that what he did was inappropriate or made you feel uncomfortable. Then again he could know exactly what he is doing and just waiting for your reaction or non reaction.

Tell somone, hon.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #5  
Addicted to potato salad!

Good grown up men know enough not to invade a teenage girl's personal space. Men don't get that close to a girl unless they're trying to get a cheap thrill...I mean, if it was your own dad or brother or whatever...but a best friend's step dad should know better. Your instincts are putting up red flags for a reason...I'd tell someone FOR SURE and stay away from this guy. And invite your friend to your house from now on so you don't have to go over there. You're right...it's creepy. Let him invade someone elses personal space.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9

Tell someone NOW! You are not over-reacting at all. There is no reason that a grown man should be kissing a teenage girl on the cheek to demonstrate anything, no reason for him to "accidentally" touch you. I know how men work and this is definately not a good situation at all. If you are uncomfortable, then there is something wrong. Trust your gut instinct honey. TELL SOMEONE and stay away from him!
Old 06-21-2006, 04:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Hey everyone,

I never go to my friend's house in the first place. I havent stayed there in at least a year. She always comes to my house, just because i dont like staying with other people. It may not be what I SHOULD do, but what im going to do is finish out the rest of the week. I have no other choice, my parents work in the morning. If i dont go, i fail the class. Since i dont go to her house and ill soon be getting a driver's license, there will be absolutely no reason to ever have to be near him again.

Thanks Everyone

Last edited by cardsfan2009; 06-21-2006 at 10:23 PM.
Closed Thread