General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 11:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/141.5/120

Height: 5'3

Default Random Thought

I was just wondering...what would you change if you could go back in time, whenever it is you want to be in?

I would probably not let Kurt Cobain shoot himself and Jimi Hendrix overdose.

Lol, on the more realistic side (if this topic be deemed realistic in the first place) I'd probably go back several months from now and stop myself from begining to gain all the weight back. I wouldn't be stuck in this rut right now

So........what would you do?
Old 06-16-2006, 11:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I know we could get historical here (No Hitler, Mussolini, Mao, Stalin, Manhattan project, slavery, wars, etc . . .) But I'll keep it on the light side and say I'd like it if the Mayans hadn't been born with taste buds (they invented chocolate) and Hershey would have had chosen to be a farmer instead. I'd make Ray Kroc a gynecologist instead of a hamburger pimp and I'd make Dave Thomas a proctologist.

On a personal note, I wish Marlon Brando & Audrey Hepburn would have been born in 1982 and I would want Mark Twain to be my neighbor.

And I'd make whoever invented high fructose corn syrup be a diabetic.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

I would go back to 2 1/2 years ago on the morning my brother past away and make sure they saved his life.I would also go back to when I was pregnant with my second child and make sure I didn't go overboard with my weight. I have fought with it ever since!
Old 06-17-2006, 08:22 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

I would go back when I started gaining massive weight and give myself a good and I would cherish more moments I had with my step dad and grandmother who passed on.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:31 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I would go back and cherish more time with my mother that passed away 10 yrs. ago. I'd be more understanding of the liver disease she had and the pain she was in. I'd let her win at scrabble instead of being so competetive. I'd take her to bingo whenever she wanted and felt able to go.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:33 AM   #6  
Less is more.

S/C/G: 298/234/170

Height: 5'5"

lol I was just talking about this with my dad today. I would go back and smash the little TV they put in my bed room when I was 5. So I would be forced to go outside and play and not be a baby couch potatoe.

I would also go back and make it so Princess Diana never died. She was my role modle when I was a kid. I remember I cried into my cearal the morning I found out she had died.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:22 AM   #7  
~Believe~

I agree with you there, Sakai. I would also go back and ask my father to not buy me a colored tv with remote control when I was 10 yrs. old. (he bought it on his own, I didn't ask for it) I think he mostly done it because it was right after the divorce and all, but still it not only kept me a "couch" potato, but also kept me more "isolated". I know it wasn't ALL that, that made me fat, but it sure didn't help any.

Also I would go back and ask my mom to have taken me to my grandmas or grandpas house when she worked on the weekends and in the summertime because we lived in an apt. and when she worked I was not allowed to leave the apt. so I spent a lot of time watching tv and what else? Eating.

Amazing how you think back and wonder "What If?" Ya know. I mean I know the past is the past, but sometimes you just can't but wonder.......

Great thread really has me thinking!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

I'd go back two years and have more great conversations with my Dad before he died. And I'd smoke a joint with him. Something I've never done, but he used it to help manage the pain towards the end.

Hmmm... and then I'd go back about 35 years to tell my mother that it is NOT appropriate to dump your life on your daughter. I think that burdon has great bearing on my mental state, and therefore on my weight problems. Okay, I think that has bearing on pretty much everything "bad" in my life, so doing that would be wickedly awesome.

And I'd like to apologize to the woman I deliberately almost knocked over on the sidewalk about 16 years ago when I was carrying my baby daughter. She would have knocked us down if I hadn't stuck my elbow out... That's been weighing pretty heavily on my mind. heh heh

What a great thread, Kelendria! Talk about cleansing!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:55 PM   #9  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

hummm I could say that i would go back to when i was 16, had bone cancer and took chemo to rid my body of it which caused Leukemia at 24 which required a stem cell transplant for me to be here right now...I could change that but i truely would not. it all made me who I am today...and I love who I am...
so instead i would go back to when my sister and i were kids and I made fun of the way she ran...maybe if i had not she would be more active today. i would also take back the time i called her "B" just because I was in a bad mood and being a "b" myself...both have been weighing on my mind since thay happened!
yup, I am much nicer to her now!
Old 06-18-2006, 09:56 PM   #10  
~Believe~

Hey Ellis -- to you and your right, very cleansing indeed!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I would go back to 1991 when DH#1 was killed.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

If we're just keeping it light, I would take a big payout,winning Mega Millions lottery number back with me
Old 06-19-2006, 07:45 PM   #13  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I would go back and change the amount of time I spent with family. My grandmother passed away a week ago today and it has made me realise life is short and family is more important then anything.

I would go back to a week ago yesterday and go visit my gramma and spend that sunday with her - her last day (instead of looking at houses).

But really such is life, you can't change the past and the past is what makes you who you are today. You learn from mistakes, if you were born doing every perfect and had no regrets or anything you wanted to change then what is the point of living?

As for light hearted.... I would of tried to stop my favourtie band from splitting up, haha.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 147/141.5/120

Wow...reading all of your posts about how you could have spent more time with loved ones that passed away really does make us realize that anything in life can happen, whether you want it or not.

But I was thinking before...if something didn't happen at that certain time, it'll happen in another...ack, I can't really put my thoughts into words but think about Thomas Edison; if he (for whatever reason) didn't invent the lightbulb, someone else was bound to do it at sometime whether be it sooner or later...or would we still be living in the dark?

And while we're still on the subjects of my thoughts...y'know how we find facial features attractive, like how eyes can be so beautiful? Maybe to another totally different life force (alien or whatever), eyes would look really freaky to them. The thing is, we learn to find what we have is attractive. Maybe if we all had, let's say, an extra limb or one eye since the begining of humanity, we'd adapt to make that attractive and who ever was born with one eye or no extra limb would be deemed freekish and their file would be shipped to "medical mysteries" or something....yeah sorry if I confused you all lol

This is pretty much what I do when I should be paying attention in class....
Old 06-20-2006, 11:51 PM   #15  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I'd wanna re-do my entire life! lol But I'd like to go back to grade 10 when I was 170 and only had 35lbs to lose and do it RIGHT at that time, instead of trying to starve myself and just gaining more weight to end up at 240 now..I would also like to go back to when Marilyn Monroe was alive and meet her lol
Closed Thread