General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 06:16 AM   #1  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Default "diet and exercise worked!"

So I was watching this show called "X-weighted"- the lady on the show lost 51 pounds in 6 months. Her comment "You know, the funny thing is, is that diet and exercise worked!!!"

How many of us have said THAT to ourselves after losing- I DID I DID!!!!

also how any of us tried fad diet after fad diet only to have the above light bulb moment!

ah we live and we learn!!!
Old 06-12-2006, 10:25 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I've been asked a lot of times "how did you lose weight" from people who have known me for a while. The answer "diet and exercise" doesn't thrill them as if they are expecting me to say some magical formula that I have found.

I will elaborate for them on my diet and exercise plans but as I have a lot to lose, the diet and exercise plans shift as I have to cope with my body fighting me to lose weight.

Really the magic formula is:
Weight training
Cardio
A lot of natural foods that are low in fat, low in sugars and have good nutrients.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:41 PM   #3  

Oh don't you love the let down look on people's faces when you tell em, oh I go to the gym 5 days a week, and eat a lot of veggies, fruit, good carbs and lean sources of protein.

It's like the magic weight loss key just dropped out of your hand and down the toilet!!!

I remember an argument with my mother oh 10 years ago, when she asked me how I was going to lose weight and I said just sensible eating and exercise, and she said "oh that will never work" so I never tried

Ah well, I'm on the right road now!!1
Closed Thread