General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #31  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

My father (by blood only....but that's a long story in itself) and I didn't get along while I was growing up, so I was in a huge hurry to move out after I graduated. I moved out in mid July and met my hubby on the stairs of the apartment complex not 2 weeks after we moved in there. We've been together since August 2001 and will be celebrating our 2 year wedding anniversary June 12th So that's all the input I can give you You never know where you're going to find Mr Right
Old 05-17-2006, 11:24 AM   #32  
Livin' La Vida Mocha

I met Rob at a sports car course. He was a driver, and I was a race official. A mutual friend introduced us.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:19 PM   #33  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I met my current husband at work. I was an ER supervisor , newly hired. He was one of the ambulance drivers. We became friends very quickly. I was suprised to see him drive up in a Highway Patrol car about a month after meeting him. I didn't know he had another career and was just moonlighting with driving the ambulance. He looked so luscious in the uniform and had such a great butt. LOL , (Focus now) At first I thought he was too young for me as he was 4 yrs. younger. But, I soon learned that 2 of his children were older than mine. He was going through a nasty divorce , so we remained friends for about a year and once his divorce was over we started seeing each other. We married after 1 1/2 yrs. of dating . Our 8th anniversary will be this July. Our marriage has been good and he treats me better than anyone ever has. The biggest problem we've had is with the kids. They were ages 15, 12,11, 8, 5 and 5 when we married. This wasn't the problem, they are 23, 20, 19, 17, 14 and 14 now and teenagers are difficult to say the least and very expensive. (I feel like we've bought a million cars already). I love him completely and wouldn't trade him for anything.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:53 PM   #34  
Sparkpeople=Waterchicklet

S/C/G: 349/306.7/150

Height: 5' 5.5"

Talking

Met online in a way.

I had been a member of a chat room for a while when I started up a conversation with someone from my area (what are the odd of that!?) I told my girlfriends and we all decided to give him a call. His roommate turned out to be my now hubby.

We talked on the phone for hours everyday before we met face to face. He had no idea what I looked like until a month later when we met.

We were married 11 months later and just this February we had our first child.

Incidently my best friend married the other guy and they had a child last year.

My other girlfriend met and married her hubby as well after hooking up on the internet around the same time. They have 3 kids now.

Its definately the way to find someone.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:54 PM   #35  
SAHM

S/C/G: 229/221/175

I meet Darrel shortly after seperating from my first husband. He was newly divorced himself and shared joint custody of his daughter. We meet on a Thursday night in a local night club. I was trying to avoid slow dancing with a much older "fat" guy and asked Darrel to dance. He replied that he only dance to slow songs, I told him this was a slow song and pulled him onto the dance floor.

We started talking and discovered that our daughter are the same age. I also was once very good friends with his ex-sister-in-law. We spent the rest of the night talking, he walked me to my car, we exchanged phone numbers then went our seperate ways.

The next day he called me while I was at the park with my children. He asked me to meet him at another park so that our children can play together. We meet and the children played for over two hours.

We tried to keep from getting invovled. It was more important that our children had friends to play with. We tried to spend each Friday night with our own children then get together on Saturday for some group fun.

Well it wasn't long before our daughters were crying to spend Friday's together. The more time we spent together the more I knew that he was someone that I could spend the rest of my life with.

My divorce became final 7 months later. By this point, we had already decided to get married. The week following my divorce proceeding, we spoke to our children (seperately) about the possibility of us getting married. The children were so excited. His daughter's reaction was priceless - she told him "by time". My daughter started planning the wedding - balloons, cake, long dress, tiara's, flowers, etc.

Darrel and I married on the one year anniversary of when we met. We let the children plan the wedding. It was the sweetest ceremony in the world. My son (then 4) gave me away. After Darrel and I exchanged vows to each other, we exchanged vows with the children. Then the five of us light the unity candle that I made.

Five months later we found out that I was pregnant. The children were so excited. For the get go, they wanted a sibling. On Oct. 27th, I gave birth to our daughter, Emily.

Darrel and I lived with my parents for the first year and a half. It was really the best situtation. My children were able to get used to a new "Dad" in an environment they were comfortable with.

We about a house in April of 2005. And all is wonderful.

And the rest is history!!!!!
Closed Thread