General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #1  

Default New York City Trip

I'm headed to NYC with my sister for 3 nights/4 days in June. Would welcome any suggestions anyone has. Thanks!
Old 05-04-2006, 02:42 PM   #2  

Thumbs up NY Trip

If this is a first trip a must-see is the Museum of Nat'l History and/or anyother museums you would be interested in. I always enjoy Central Park and there is a website showing you all the different park areas. Also, if you want to see a bdwy show go to the 2fer ticket booths - there are 2 of them in the city. There are boat tours of the statue of liberty and around Manhattan Island too. Riding a water taxi is fun and can take you across to Bklyn where there is the best pizza ever 2 blks away after embarking. On the way back, try the homemade icecream while waiting for the taxi. China town is lots of fun and so is Delancy St. for shopping. If you have the $ or want to window shop there is always 5th Ave. You just must see Rockerfeller Center.
Enjoy your trip - I am going on May 25th.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #3  

This is my 1st trip there and I'm very excited. Thanks for your input.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:01 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Ok. Soho for shopping (and some good eats) which is really close to Chinatown and what remains of Little Italy, so you can incorporate exercise into your vacation! If you are into it, then the Statue of Liberty is interesting but a bit kitsch and there isn't much to actually do there, except visit the statue. Same for Ellis Island, although that has like a museum aspect to it and it is an interesting experience to step into the great hall there. Obviously you must visit the Met, it is worth spending a week in there alone! Also, I HIGHLY recommend the Cloisters, I love it there (I went there last Sunday), it really makes you feel like you are in Italy (I just got back from Italy a couple months ago and it really invokes that same European feeling for me) and is a very interesting museum experience, one that you can get in Europe, but is rare to find in America. Also, the weather has been brilliant lately and the little gardens and park there are lovely. The top of the Empire State building is also another thing, but it really is just going to the top of a building to see the view and I wouldn't put it at the top of my list. A tour of the NBC studios at Rockfeller Center is pretty interesting. If you are going in the near future, the TriBeCa film festival is in full swing and tickets are cheap. Maybe you can try and see a ballet or opera at the Met (Lincoln Center). A Broadway show is always a good thing to do when visiting the city. And then there are the museums, and the museums and the museums (MoMa, Guggenhiem, Whitney, Met, Nat History, ect.). And since you are going in the spring/summer there will definately be a street fair somewhere! If I think of anything else I will post.
Closed Thread