General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:03 PM   #1  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Default It's hard to believe that there can be such hatred in the world...

Here is a video of a recent episode of Fox's Hannity and Colmes program. It's about the death of an Iowan soldier in Iraq and the shock caused by a supposed Baptist "church" whose members PROTESTED at the funeral against all sorts of things.

After watching the video, I just can't believe that people can be filled with so much hate. It seems that the very thing they're "protesting" against is what they're doing! What do you all think about it?
Old 05-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Oh, that's just Fred Phelps from Topeka, KS. He's a moron of the highest caliber. (I live 45 minutes from Topeka so we know of him all too well). He (and his group, mostly his own children and grandchildren) attends college graduations in the state and stages these protests there. His group once protested a local dinner theater because the star of the play was Canadian and Canada allows gay marriage. His group will do anything to draw attention. Unfortunately, that is exactly what he is being rewarded with as a result of this latest round of horrific protests.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

He's scary. He has a counter on his webpage of the number of days that "Mathew Shepard has been burning in ****". Really. Its scary and hateful and, in my opinion, completely unneccessary.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:55 PM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

It's people like him that give religion (in particular Christianity) a bad name.

For the record: NOT ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE BELIEVERS ARE NUTJOBS LIKE THIS GUY!!
Old 05-01-2006, 06:28 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

That woman was a nutjob. It's the first time I've ever agreed with Alan. ROFL! I guess her religion is another of those "selective" types. Where they only believe in the parts of the Bible they want and discount the ones they don't want...like the love, and Christian attitude.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:12 PM   #6  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415
It's people like him that give religion (in particular Christianity) a bad name.

For the record: NOT ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE BELIEVERS ARE NUTJOBS LIKE THIS GUY!!
I couldn't agree more. I am so stunned by that video I cant even respond beyond saying that they do NOT represent the majority of christians. In fact I wouldn't consider them christian at all.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:49 PM   #7  
Lifetime Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 237/235/150

Height: 5'2"

I think the problem with the majority of that family is that they have had those beliefs drilled into them throughout their lives and they don't know any better. I refuse to believe that they are this hateful by their own accord.

I hope they can see all the love in the world and focus more on what is good instead of what is bad.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #8  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I will not read or watch anything to do with the guy, total NUTJOB! The sad thing...the Wichita Eagle ran a story about him not too long ago, thinking people needed to know his side and where he is coming from. I know this editor got LOTS of e-mails and letters. To give this guy any time at all is unreal. Considering the hate he has in himself. How in the world can anyone in their right mind that does the things he does actually think they are doing good and serving the lord? Crazy, I tell ya, crazy
Old 05-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #9  

This cult came to West Virginia when we had some miners killed in a mining accident several months back. They go all over the United States and do this and it is a shame. What crazy people they are...
Old 05-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #10  
Addicted to potato salad!

I watch Hannity and Colmes from time to time and this was on the night I watched it...what a total wingnut! But I would be okay if I could just blow her and her weirdo cult off as wingnuts, but I get really mad when I think of...if MY son were killed in Iraq and I was already overcome with uncomprehendable greif, to find these scums of the earth outside with such vile signs...they should watch out, because somebody's going to shoot them. And it would probably be ME! The NERVE!! Some people take the word 'demented' to a whole new level and meaning!!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #11  
Moderating Mama

Among his main tenets - the fact that God loves everyone is a MYTH (yes, he says that, frequently and loudly) and that every natural disaster or accidental death of an American is due to God shunning the U.S. because of our leniency on homosexuality. He blamed gay people for the crashing of the Space Shuttle Columbia, as well as for Hurricane Katrina, the bout of tornadoes in the midwest recently, etc.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 139/124/115

Ok, the sign "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" made me sick. I don't have sound on my computer, but are these the same group of people that said that september 11 was caused by homosexuals?
Old 05-02-2006, 01:21 PM   #13  
American ex-pat

S/C/G: 182/180/140

Height: 5'2"

Is this the same piece of garbage that was protesting outside of Matthew Shepard's funeral with signs saying things like "Matthew is burning in ****"? I can't get the video to play for some reason but I'm wondering what on earth they were protesting about at the soldier's funeral? I can't imagine they were protesting the war.

I am truly sickened by people with such tiny little minds. I'm a tree-hugging liberal Pagan myself but I completely understand that not all Christians believe such rubbish or are such narrow-minded, bigoted fools. Most of my family is Christian and they are very loving and caring people. I think this is a case of a(n) (inbred) family being poisoned from birth with the filth and hatred of one man.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #14  
Moderating Mama

These are indeed the same people who protested outside of Matthew Shepard's funeral.

They are protesting the soldier's funeral because, as best I can understand it, they believe that the only reason that our soldiers are dying in Iraq is that God has lifted his protection from them because the US is too nice to homosexuals.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:38 PM   #15  
GO CLEMSON TIGERS!!

S/C/G: 362/340/160

She's a cracked pot!!! I think she's twisting her bible understanding and her understanding of who God is to back her "PROTEST". And to form God into your little mold of who you think He is or want him to be is wrong. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow! He dosent change. I believe that Jesus said "Let he without sin, cast the first stone". But - I do find it intresting how the liberal side of the population are quick to voice thier opinion on any situation under the sun and they are not looked down on. So pretty much I feel that most Christian's and thier beliefs are being discrimnated against by the same people who say you shouldnt discriminate. BUT this woman is off her rocker!!! Thank God for the men and women who serve this country - as crazy and disfunctional as it may be!!
Closed Thread