General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 12:33 PM   #1  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Default Grr! Stupid cars! Advice

I was cycling to uni this morning and a car pulled out of a side road and hit me!
Luckily I was just shock up and bruises.
The guys car was scratched, he parked and some other guy can over to see how I was and took down the licence plate no. and the guy came over and gave that guys name, mine, my cell no. gave me his bizniz card, while he was at his car I asked the 'witness' if I was gonna be in trouble, he told me that I didnt do anything wrong, so dont worry.
The guy who hit me said he didnt see me, asked if I had any injuries(I didnt think so) I was shaking and he pointed out that I wasnt wearing a helmet and left.

Now do I even tell my parents?, theyll only just worry about me cycling everyday.

And omg! coming home Im kinda worried so sticking to mostly sidewalks and some jackasses swing their car onto the sidewalk with is the entrance to a gas station as I was cycling along and again, harsh brake!!!
[/rant]
Old 04-07-2006, 01:02 PM   #2  
Gym'll fix it!!

Awwww poor Angel. Don't worry you were'nt in the wrong but you should wear a helmet..I know..horrible things that they are. Some lights on your bike would'nt hurt either even in daylight. All I can say is make sure you do lots of shoulder checks before you cross a crossroad or a pull in to a petrol station etc. I'd tell your mum and dad. The guy might try to sue for his car damage and he has got your details (has'nt he?) so you'd be better to sue him first for injuries even if it is only a few bruises YOU DID'NT DO ANYTHING WRONG so don't worry. If anything you will get a settlement from the courts. Hope you feel better now
Old 04-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You need to report the driver for dangerous driving and/or driving without due care and attention even if he "didn't see you" he should've been looking out for you! Get down to the nearest nick ASAP before he kills the next cyclist he hits.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:42 PM   #4  

You should always get a name of any witness just to be safe . Your mom and dad need to know you should talk to them . If they find out any other way they could think that they can't trust you and you don't want that. They will always worry it's called love , but you do need to tell them.
Old 04-08-2006, 03:11 AM   #5  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Frus is right - you need to report him. You weren't in the wrong, he should have been looking properly and you certainly shouldn't even begin to think about paying for any of the damage to his car. Its nothing to do with him whether you were wearing a helmet or not - it is NOT against the law to ride a bike without a helmet (although it IS a good idea) - but it is against the law for him to drive his car without due care and attention.

If you feel ill in any way then go to your nearest A&E department and get yourself checked out.

About your parents - I have some experience with this. Take it from me that they would much prefer to know about this now rather than find out about it later.
Closed Thread