General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 02:45 PM   #1  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Default Pictures of the new house!

If you all remember, I posted that I was moving a couple weeks ago. We're mostly moved in now, but here are some pictures I took before we moved in. http://www.flickr.com/photos/4143538...57594070807303 Enjoy!
Old 03-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #2  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

Wow, wow, wow, WOW, Lydia!!! Absolutely bee-yoo-ti-ful!

Every detail, so nice, starting right from that fabulous entryway with the arch over the door, the cutout in the ceiling and the niche on the wall. Then there is that nifty corner fireplace, the great arches in the living room, the bump out dining area, that spacious kitchen (is that a pantry in the kitchen?)...

Bedrooms and bath look very spacious. I love the glassed in shower and soaking tub. I got a chuckle when I read the story about your mom and the toilet.

And it's all brand spanking new! I think you're going to love living in your new home! I bet you can't wait until all your gear is moved in!
Old 03-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #3  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I am SO jealous! Great place!
Old 03-04-2006, 05:29 PM   #4  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Looks beautiful! Congrats.
Old 03-04-2006, 05:39 PM   #5  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Lena: Yeah, there are so many great details in this house. Finding everything is like a treasure hunt every day There IS a pantry in the kitchen, a decent-sized one at that. Since it's set in a corner, it has shelving that wraps around each side of the corner from about a foot and a half off the ground 'til about a foot below the ceiling. Very useful!

My room is set up almost completely. There are only a few items at the old place left to bring in. It's amazing how much more ROOM I have! I honestly don't know what to do with it all. I even made a decision that's going to give me more space: getting rid of my bed. The mattress is old and in desperate need of replacing, but the last couple nights that I've spent sleeping just on my memory foam mattress topper on the floor have been so comfortable that I see no need for a big, bulky bed. I've slept better that last two nights on the floor than I have in the last two months in my bed! So with that decision and the placement of the other furniture in my room, if I roll up the mattress topper, I'll have a space of about 6.5'x12' that is completely freed up. Not to mention 5' of shelving and a bookcase in the closet that I have nothing to put in. It's really great, though, to not be cramped up anymore. I was REALLY enjoying myself this morning when I did my workout! I love this house.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #6  

What a cool house, the fireplace is amazing!!! English and American houses are soooooooo different!!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #7  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Lydia - your new house is so beautiful! I am so happy for you!!!
Old 03-04-2006, 08:00 PM   #8  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Lydia - Your new house looks amazing. What I wouldn't give for one of those giant tubs. . . .
Old 03-05-2006, 08:52 AM   #9  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

I'm jealous too, what an amazing place to live!!! It's just BEAUTIFUL, and a fireplace - wooohoo!!!

Congratulations!!!

Lacey
Old 03-05-2006, 10:03 AM   #10  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Thanks everyone! It really is a beautiful house. I absolutely love it! I can't wait until we've got EVERYTHING moved in (granted, we have very little left in the old place).
Closed Thread