General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:30 PM   #16  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Ooooh, I'm loving these suggestions! I'm trying to download a copy of the sinatra/strait song now. legally, of course....
Old 01-24-2006, 10:14 AM   #17  
Pending Email Confirmation

Funny suggestion: "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen

Offbeat but appropriate suggestion: "For My Wedding" by Don Henley... I think this would be a great song that's not the traditional "I love you forever, this is the best moment of my life" sort of song. It's got that message in it, but it's also about the fact that your life will change forever at this moment (for the better, of course!), and the road may not always be easy, but together you will weather the rough times. Very good song.

Another good one is "In My Life" by the Beatles.

-Cindy B
Old 01-25-2006, 10:10 AM   #18  
ugggg.....

My hubby & I's "song" was Thank You by Led Zeppelin. I know your thinking sure Led Zeppelin. It is a slower song and the words are beautiful. Robert Plant's sexy voice is just a plus.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:41 PM   #19  

Height: 5'5"

Our song was When you love a woman by journey~not quirky, but a good song
Old 01-25-2006, 06:18 PM   #20  
resident lactivist

Quote:
Funny suggestion: "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen
"Fat Bottomed Girls!"

OK, really, just about anything from Queen would fit the quirky mold. "You're My Best Friend" would be both kinda sweet & upbeat. Or you could use "Bohemian Rhapsody" & do the whole Wayne's World headbanging bit. (Am I dating myself here?)
Old 01-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #21  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

You know, I'm really leaning towards James Brown's Get Up Offa that Thing. You have to realize that while me and my boyfriend love music, we are really white and can't dance anyway. So it doesn't really matter how bad we dance. We want to poke fun at the whole "so serious and moving the guests will all cry" first dance song. Later on though, we'll also dance to Michael Buble's The Way You Look Tonight. But we'll have fun with James Brown first. What do you guys think? Quirky enough?
Closed Thread