General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:59 AM   #16  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Hey tinkerbear, is that a vente then? I've been finding the one shot of SF vanilla in my tall (latte) a little sweet lately. I love the hazelnut too--sounds like a good combo.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:27 AM   #17  
Exercise Queen

I love Starbucks! I go there at least once a day during the work week, there is a Starbucks right next to our school. A tall sugar free non fat latte is my after work snack. I do live in Washington state, I think coffee now runs in our blood? At least it does in mine.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:39 AM   #18  
Egy Kis Lany

I like a small, skim mocha with 1/2 the regular amount of chocolate (I don't really like sweet all that much) and that really hits the spot.

I don't like Starbucks coffee, though, so while I like an Americano (espresso with hot water) or just regular coffee, I never get them there. They over-raost their beans (they burn them!) to give a 'distinctive' flavor that I don't really like. That's why I get lattes if I'm there -- the milk hides the flavor of their beans.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:24 AM   #19  
Pending Email Confirmation

I love Vanilla Latte's right now though I need a double espresso and am heading there in about 8 minutes.... I hope it hit hits the spot!
Old 12-22-2005, 07:41 AM   #20  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Cool Die Hard Starbucks Fan

In college I use to work as a barista trainer at our Starbucks on campus. Became addicted to all the cafe mochas I can drink (at least 2 per day)!
But when I graduated, it was running me about $7/day for coffee, kind of adds up. So I've tried to overcome my addiction.
But seriously, it's not that bad. The gourmet coffee drinks normally consist of espressos (concentrated coffee-no calories), milk (skim if want) and whatever flavor you request (mocha, caramel etc...). It's is the flavored syrup/mocha that is not really healthy. But you can always request them to put half what they normally do! Skip the whip cream, it is optional.

Is it worth it? ABSOLUTLY!
Old 12-22-2005, 10:01 AM   #21  
Cynical RedHead

I can't drink coffee - it makes me sick to my stomach. But i love the hot chai teas they offer. I get a medium with skim milk and it is 230 calories of spicy warm milk goodness! (I only get like one a month though).
Old 12-22-2005, 11:30 AM   #22  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

My FAVORITE was a frappucino. I could eat them all day for the rest of my life and never be sick of them. They have a little booklet with calorie/fat/carb count...after seeing it, there isn't a single thing that I'd want, that I can have from there. So I steer as far away from there as I can
Old 12-22-2005, 11:45 AM   #23  
Movin on down the scale

I like the "grande fat free mocha almond latte, no whip cream" Granted I only get one about once a month!!!
Old 12-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #24  
takin it one lb at a time

Default mmm..

carmel frappacinos or chai tea.. so good.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:40 PM   #25  
Old Cackler

funny that i stumbled on this thread! i'm sitting here at work, drinking my standard starbucks order: a venti TEA BAG CHAI [they have very good chai tea bags - 0 calories!], with about 3 tablespoons of steamed milk, no foam.

about 40 calories for a NICE HOT TASTY TREAT!!!! and a wee bit of calcium and protein on top of it!

in the summer: iced decaf with SF vanilla and a generous sprinkling of nutmeg. YUM!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2005, 02:25 AM   #26  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

I don't like Starbucks - find their coffee too strong and too bitter. Have been a Second Cup fan for years now, though - they're cheaper, better, and Canadian!
I might go to Starbucks if desperate. Right now I'm in Australia, so no Second Cup here of course. There are 4 Starbucks in the city, usually swarmed by tourists, and I absolutely HATE the service, so I don't go there either. Fortunately all coffee shops around sell latte's.
Old 12-24-2005, 10:29 AM   #27  
Vegan in Training

Some animal rights folks won't eat at Starbucks 'cause they advertise at bull fights.

Sometimes I've had their vanilla latte with no sugar, no fat and soy milk. And add a dash of Splenda. That's all I'll have from there.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:31 PM   #28  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

I usually just get plain ol' coffee.. and I have to say that if you have the choice - go to a Seattle's Best, the coffee is better!! As far as flavored coffees I love the peppermint mocha capp. and caramel macchiato!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:48 AM   #29  
Collie Mommie

I love the holiday flavored beverages, especially the pumpkin spice latte (which also comes as a frappuccino, but I like the hot drink better). I think it is worth it once in a while to get the fancy drinks, just make appropriate allowances for the rest of the day/week regarding calories and nutrients.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:29 AM   #30  

I love Starbucks, looking at the website, the English starbucks has a completely different range. I have a grande latte with skim milk and syrup about once a week. It's my little treat, and caffeine before exercise improves your performance, it's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!!!
Closed Thread