General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:23 PM   #16  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbleflys
there are many tribes to visit!
LOL...yup. That's why I just kinda go around posting in all different threads. I guess I'm kinda topic-driven -- if I see a post that interests me, I usually respond no matter what forum it is. I haven't found an actual "home" yet . LOL, and I'm sure the 20-Somethings are getting sick of me crashing their forum (I'm 33 but I love their topics! ). Young at heart, I guess .
Old 10-13-2005, 11:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/167/135

Height: 5'1

Default hi!

Tracy - I just wanted to say hello! It's been a little while since I've seen ya around! You were one of the first to welcome me here! I really hope that you are doing well - you are so witty!!

I hope that WW works for you! Good luck!

carafre
Old 10-14-2005, 07:53 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carafre
Tracy - I just wanted to say hello! It's been a little while since I've seen ya around! You were one of the first to welcome me here! I really hope that you are doing well - you are so witty!!

I hope that WW works for you! Good luck!

carafre
Hi there! It has been a wild ride. But I am coming around. I have been a little busy plus I have been (depression) sleeping a lot. So I have not been on here much lately. However, I am hoping to make a change on all of this now! So hopefully I am successful. I am trying to keep positive. I hope your doing well too.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:17 PM   #19  

Default smile

Please keep positive. You have accompished an amazing hurtle. I could never imagine having to quit smoking. I never have smoked, but my parents will not give it up. I hope that you are very proud of yourself. I do understand the depression. I have times when I want to sleep all of the time. But I feel icky after doing that. I haven't been able to do that since I have kids. Si, I've turned to the fridge... Anyway, I am progressing. I hope that you are able to keep positive. Please don't feel invisible, I am here if ya need to talk or vent or whatever.

I wish you the best!!!

take care
carafre
Old 10-14-2005, 12:26 PM   #20  
prepare for the BEST time

Tracy;

when you give up smoking, I think your sense of taste hightens...everything tastes so good....

sleeping doesn't burn as many calories as other activities...get up and do some exercise, you will really feel less depressed and have a sense of control.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:54 PM   #21  
it's always something

I'll second the vote for exercise It helps alleviate your depression, gives you more energy, reduces the appetite, and it's hard to do while smoking
Old 10-14-2005, 01:00 PM   #22  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

I agree with the vote for exercise. I find I dread it in the beginning, but once I get going I don't want to stop. And I am noticing that I do feel so much better when I am done.(even if I ache a little here and there) I feel so great. You can do it Tracy.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:58 PM   #23  

You guys are awesome!! I have been so up beat today! I talked to another doctor (my doctors wife is also a doctor.. and is the doctor I spoke with today) today because I had to take my son in to be seen today. She really helped me out. I am to get a blood sugar machine and test my blood each morning before I eat or anything. She also told me that WW was an excellent plan for diabetics. And she also said that my WATP and walking the neighborhood and stuff was NOT enough for me!! She rocommended jazzersize (I have to search for that because it is older lol), yoga, pilates, and tae bo. So I guess I will break all of the videos of yoga, pilates, and taebo out again! I hope I can do them this time!! You know what... I DON'T hope I can do them I KNOW I CAN do them!!! I am going to push myself to success! And it is all because of all of my buds here!! Thanks bunches!!

(Misty thats you too!!!! )
Old 10-14-2005, 08:54 PM   #24  
I'm doing it!

S/C/G: 264/217/182

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieFannie
I agree with the vote for exercise. I find I dread it in the beginning, but once I get going I don't want to stop. And I am noticing that I do feel so much better when I am done.(even if I ache a little here and there) I feel so great. You can do it Tracy.
Oh, now I'm just the opposite! I look really forward to going to Curves. About 1/2 way through the workout all I'm thinking is I can't wait until this is over with. It's knowing how much good it is for me and seeing the awesome results (and my best friend on the machine next to me, who I don't want to disappoint) that gets me through it. Oh, and knowing when it's done I can do the stretches, which I LOVE. I wonder if I'll ever learn to LIKE exercising?

And no, Tracy, you're not invisible I've been following your threads, just don't post all that much...yet
Old 10-14-2005, 09:00 PM   #25  

Welcome.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:35 PM   #26  

I have alot of faith in you and I know you can do it!

Also, I'm glad to see your working on getting a sugar tester!
Old 10-14-2005, 11:15 PM   #27  

Default ok-

Good for you! You can & will do it! You've inspired me to go work out!

take care
carafre
Old 10-15-2005, 08:41 AM   #28  

Thanks you guys!!! I sure feel great today!! I slept like a baby last night! I have not done that in at least a week! I almost feel like I could run a marathon!!! I at 3 meals plus 2 snacks yesterday, walked (not brisk but not slow either!) thru walmart twice yesterday just to walk, made A LOT of SF jello lol, made serving size bowls of fruit and put em in the fridge and so on. I just never really sat down yesterday much! I made sure there were decent serving size snacks all ready in the fridge!! I admit, I did probably eat to much popcorn yesterday but I did tally up all of the points (WW) on my point tracker!! I went over by 3 points I think. But I have tons of flexies to use.

Now I just have to find some of the exercise my doc told me to do. She told me to do jazzercise (she stressed the jazzercise but I couldn't find it in the store), taebo, yoga, and pilates. I have taebo... I have done it.... I felt dead afterwards hahahaha. The yoga and pilates I have is Leslie Sansone... they seemed hard to do for me. I told the doc it hurt my back and stuff. She said that is good!!! Lol. She said they will help your back in time! She said do them.... you will get used to them and you will be better off.

So I am going to try. I think I wrote a book... and I think it ended up on the wrong board title lol. I hope ya' all don't mind! I am just so excited now!! I hope I can keep this attitude, keep moving, keep eating (all the meals each day), and keep the depression away!! I am not... I think I can... I AM.... I KNOW I CAN!!! And right now.. I really do know I can.

Thanks you guys! You are truely life savers!
Old 10-16-2005, 04:47 PM   #29  

Default happy for you

I am so happy!!! YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT!!!!! PM if you need a buddy to keep up with!!

carafre
Old 10-16-2005, 09:49 PM   #30  

Thanks a million!

Today was an awesome day! I did a lot of major cleaning and sweating haha. I did a lot of good shopping to! I got a bunch of low point foods.. plus I shopped for mostly WW recipe items. So I think I am all set for the week! Instead of buying those frozen dinners (HC or WW meals etc) I am going to make the WW Tuna Noodle Casserole and divide it all up into individual servings. That way I have lunch for several days all made up! I also found a fat free (I think it was fat free) bologna that totals 0 points for 1 peice! I think I did good with shopping. I am going to have lots of good low point foods to eat. I am jumping, positive, and energetic... although it is getting late and I am tired lol. But I am revin up for more movement and good eating!

Thanks you guys! You've all been a great help!
Closed Thread