General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #1  
resident weirdo

Default You know you love your pet too much when...

When I apologized to my cat because I couldn't heat his wet food because I was already using the microwave for myself.

Add your own!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:20 PM   #2  

When you don't even consider sending your kitten back to the pound when she jumps on the computer keyboard and somehow erases a very long (and very insightful) post which is lost forever.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:27 PM   #3  

Have my husband move so the cat can sit down, heh.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:39 AM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Referring to your cat as baby and you as mommy. ::sigh:: Was just on the phone with a friend while reading this and her cat was getting under her feet, made me miss my cat, whom we had to put to sleep back in March. But we did get 5 more months with her we didn't think we'd have. She was really bad before we left NH and we were prepared to have her put to sleep then. But she did a complete turnaround, made the trip and seemed as good as new. Then she took another backset and got even worse to the point she wouldn't even get up.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:30 AM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

When you give 1/4 of everything you eat to the new puppy and call it portion control to justify doing something so bad for him.

Sorry for your loss AlmostHeaven, it's really hard losing someone you love even if it's *just* a pet.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:01 PM   #6  
resident weirdo

Hehe when I walked in on my cat in the litterbox, I politely said "sorry" and went outside until he finished.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:14 PM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

when you purchase cold cuts for the cats....(turkey breast, shaved please) about 3X a week so it's *fresh*....when you change the ice cubes frequently in the cat's water glass (yes the cat prefers a glass instead of a bowl)....

when you get up to feed the cats at 5AM on a WEEKEND because it's their preferred time to eat......

when I say "excuse me" to the dog so i don't disturb him to move from his favorite spot, even though I have to squeeze through a door....
(great thread idea!)
Old 08-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #8  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

This is kind of a depressing one, and I am a little embarrassed to admit it, but you know you love your pet when you spend more time greiving for him than for your grandmother. My family had to put down our dog a year and a half ago because of cancer, and I still cry when I think about it. It was so sudden! That's not to say I didn't love my grandmother, but she was 90 years old and we had known it was coming for a long time.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:27 PM   #9  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy
This is kind of a depressing one, and I am a little embarrassed to admit it, but you know you love your pet when you spend more time greiving for him than for your grandmother. My family had to put down our dog a year and a half ago because of cancer, and I still cry when I think about it. It was so sudden! That's not to say I didn't love my grandmother, but she was 90 years old and we had known it was coming for a long time.
I know just how you feel. I have a framed picture of my kitty right next to my computer and her collar hangs on the edge of it. I still tear up at times and she's been gone since March.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:47 PM   #10  

Paperclippy - don't be embarassed...my dad says he had a harder time putting our family dog down than he did when his mother died. His mom was ill and miserable for several years but he didn't have to actually make a decision about it.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:38 PM   #11  

Kittie, I caught myself doing the same as you - apologized to my Bigboy when I walked in on him in the litterbox. I thought of you and laughed up a storm.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:45 AM   #12  
it's always something

Oh wow, I do all of the above and then some! I give Lola her "privacy", lol, I sleep on the edge of my bed so she'll have more room (I fear she may fall out if too close to the edge). I tip-toe around the house so I don't wake her. I walk her every 2 or 3 hours even during the night. I've not slept all night in years! Every time I come home, I greet her with a big "hello sweetheart!" that must make the neighbors very curious

My baby is approximately 12 years old, weighs exactly 3 pounds, doesn't have a tooth in her head, is almost completely blind, and she hasn't barked in almost 5 years. She's extremely gentle and loving, and I love talking about her
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lola2.jpg (10.5 KB, 48 views)
Old 08-16-2005, 10:42 AM   #13  

OMG, she is absolutely precious Suzanne. Where are the baby pics? I bet she was too cute for words then.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:22 PM   #14  
it's always something

Thanks, Julia! We adopted her as an older dog, so she's always been a baby to us
Old 08-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #15  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

...when you buy a sectional to replace your couch so everyone can fit on it together.

There's 5 of "them," by the way, and one of me.
Closed Thread