General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 09:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

Height: 5'4"

When you hire a dogsitter to come play with, feed, let out, etc. your dogs when you're on vacation, even though you have a perfectly healthy 18-yr-old there to do it. We were afraid they wouldn't be kept on THEIR schedule and would get depressed that we were gone.

I also called and had my son put the phone up to the dogs' ears so I could talk to them.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:32 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 176/174/150

You wash their bedclothes more than your teenagers'.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:35 PM   #18  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

I have a friend who cooks 3 meals a day for her parrots. Like mini casseroles and stuff.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:25 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

When it's meal time and your kitty sits on the table and checks out all the food on your plate then picks out what he wants to eat and you let him.

I know milk is supposed to be bad for cats, but my kitty likes to check out our milk in the morning just to make sure it's ok for us to drink. Just a couple laps out of each of our cups.

He also enjoys eating corn of the cob with us, he licks the part we've already eaten, it's funny watching this with my husband, dh will be eating one side of the ear and the cat will be licking the opposite side.
Sarah
Old 08-24-2005, 10:30 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahyu
When it's meal time and your kitty sits on the table and checks out all the food on your plate then picks out what he wants to eat and you let him.
LOL...I'm ashamed to admit I allow this kind of behavior, too. And my kitten LOVES protein shakes, so I always give him a little teaspoonful -- even though he's already bananas and I'm probably making him even more hyperactive.

It's just so darn cute the way he reaches his little paw out toward my shake....
Old 08-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #21  

Quote:
I have a friend who cooks 3 meals a day for her parrots
I know someone who is an animal rights kinda vegetarian but she buys turkey breasts and rice and cooks whole meals for her dogs. They don't eat any dog food at all.
Quote:
I know milk is supposed to be bad for cats
My understanding is that the only reason that's true is because they lose the ability to process it after they stop eating it as kittens it but if they keep drinking milk continuously they don't ever lose the right enzymes. So as long as you don't give whole bowl of milk to a full grown cat that's never drank milk as an adult it should be fine. I'm no vet so if anyone else knows any different feel free to contradict me
Old 08-24-2005, 11:25 AM   #22  

You're exactly right, Julia. I'm not a vet -- but I AM a vet tech. Milk in smallish quantities is alright for a treat every now and then, but any more than that and most (but not all) kitties will be spending alotta time in the litterbox. And they won't be peein' either.

I've seen specially formulated "cat milk" in a store before, by the way.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:33 AM   #23  

Quote:
I've seen specially formulated "cat milk"
Does it come from tiny little nipples? Said in Ben Stiller's voice (Sorry I couldn't resist)
Old 08-24-2005, 12:12 PM   #24  

RFLMAO, Julia. Cute.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:32 PM   #25  
I like jewelry.

Height: 5'7"

When you buy your tarantula a 10-gallon aquarium with three half pipes and a ceramic water bowl.

(Tarantulas do fine in those little critter plastic cages.)
Old 08-24-2005, 02:43 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

When you let the kitty sleep with you even when you know he'll be sitting on your chest at 4am to lick your face awake just because he wants some loving. Maybe he's bored or lonely? I don't know but it's our bonding time, I just go to bed earlier. After I pet him a few minutes he's happy and goes back to sleeping on top of the head board.

Sarah
Old 08-27-2005, 11:29 AM   #27  
Nox

Hmmm - when you decide to sleep in the spare room when going to bed late because you don't want to disturb the dogs sleeping beside DH :<

When you shower, etc with the door open because they get so distressed when they can't keep a direct eye on you.

When you make up songs and sing to them in the public park while playing with them (oh God, I hope no one hears me).
Old 08-27-2005, 06:11 PM   #28  

I refer to the cats as my "fuzzy little daughters" and the dog as "our fuzzy son", and of course I am mommy and hubby is daddy and the kids are brother and sister [to the animals]. The snake doesn't have a nickname...she's not very cuddly.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:30 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

I love this topic.

Has anyone ever asked their dog if they wanted to go for a ride in the car because you have an errand to run. Then you realized that you can't/or don't have to do it? Well, I can't stand the thought of my dog looking forward to a car ride and letting him down so I take him a round the block a few times.

Lynn
Closed Thread