General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 10:11 PM   #16  

Hello

My name is Sherry.I'm the Moderator for "The Floozies". I'm friends with gdeann & 4myself.

1. I'm married & have 2 Sons. One is 22 & in the Navy.The other is Seventeen and will be a SR. in High School.

2. I live in Nashville,TN. I work in the office of an Elementary School. I also work for the Tennessee Titans (football).

3.I never had a weight problem until my 2nd child was born.

4.When I was little, my nickname was "Buffy" because everyone said I looked like Buffy on the show Family Affair.

5. I'm a neatfreak!!! I want my house & laundry clean daily! I wish I didn't worry so much about it.

6.My dream car is a red '65 Ford Mustang!!

7. I collect Cola-Cola items.

8. I love to camp,bowl & swim.

9. My family is living in the house I grew up in! My Parents moved to Ky & we bought the house! Would one day love to live in the country!!!!

10. I had a disagreement with my best friend Debbie in Jan. We still talk alot but things aren't really like they once were. I really miss her & the way things once were.

Nice meeting ya'll!!!!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:45 PM   #17  
Staying present

HI!

1. I had a hateful relationship with my hair growing up: I love my hair now.

2. I wonder if I'll ever have "that" relationship with the man of my dreams.

3. I love visiting Asia.

4. I wear contacts and would love LASIK but I'm afraid of lasers in my eyes.

5. I have accomplished everything I've set out to do... except lose weight. I'm hoping this changes this time around.

6. I'm a great audience to folks: I find a lot of humor in everyday things. I especially love a good joke (I'm AWFUL at telling them).

7. My laughter at other's stories is genuine but it's also a great deflection from me.

8. I've always been around a city but sometimes I think I'm meant to be a country dweller.

9. I cannot fall asleep unless my sheet is up around my neck. I never got over the movie "Dracula". I also don't trust birds... yes, I saw The Birds when I was little too.

10. I'm taking Spanish classes and I love them. I can't wait to actually speak in Spanish and make sense!
Old 06-18-2005, 12:13 AM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

1. I can't hold my breath underwater without holding my nose.

2. I'm left handed but it's probably because during my handedness forming years I sucked the first 2 fingers of my right hand.

3. I like to make up words (see #2).

4. I was the 1982 Class IV Tennessee state gymnastics champion on floor exercise & beam (not really as impressive as it might sound).

5. I started college when I was 15.

6. I have been to 5 of the 7 continents (haven't made it to Antartica or Australia).

7. I've been north of TN (within the US) only 4 times although I'm not counting flight layovers to other countries.

8. I like to write using parenthetical statements (see #'s 3, 4, 6, 7 & erm...8)

9. I first drove a car in city traffic when I was 11 (my father isn't big on obeying the letter of the law).

10. My VW Beetle is my "big" car.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:25 AM   #19  

I am also a friend of 4myself, Sherry, and Gayle at the Floozies:

1. I am a 25 year old living in the body of a 52 year old.

2. I am a bookkeeper at an elementary school, but I can't add, multiply, or subtract in my head.

3. I have never met my BEST friends in person, I only talk to them on this board (although I have talked on the phone to 1 of them!)

4. I spend all my money on matching my clothes, shoes and purses, so I don't have any to fix my house or my car.

5. I have been on Prozac for 10 years, so I don't care how clean my house is!

6. My daughters treat me more like a daughter than a mother.

7. I eat about 10 SF/FF fudgsicles and popsciles every night.

8. I can run for 2-3 hours at a time, but go slower than you can possibly imagine.

9. I go to sleep before 8:00 every night, so I always miss any good stuff on TV at night.

10. My favorite thing to do is lay in bed and watch TV after I run.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:38 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

1. I played violin for 7 years.

2. People like to tease me. Almost every person I've met, says I'm a 'teaseable' person.

3. I'm afraid of butterflies.

4. I love my 10 month old puppy, Cocoa (a chihuahua)

5. I lived in Hawaii for 3 years when I was growing up.

6. I love white t shirts, and have so many I lost count.

7. I've never colored my hair.

8. I've been known to get addicted to message boards

9. I love to watch University of Michigan football with my boyfriend

10. My spell check has more made up words of mine than it does real words
Old 06-18-2005, 02:15 PM   #21  
Almost There..

1. I'm listening to Breaking Benjamin at the moment, quite possibly my favorite band of all time.

2. I used to have severe Trichotillomania, and was left to work it out by myself.

3. I have a pet ferret named Maxwell. He is mentally unstable, even for a ferret, but I love him anyway. My cat Eggroll has adopted him, assuming that he is a very, very ugly kitten.

4. I've lost most of the feeling and movement in my left foot, due to getting it stuck in an awful position for a long time.

5. All of my friends, save two, are guys. One of the guys is 15, the rest are 18 - 21. Nobody thinks this is odd.

6. Every stuffed animal that I own, I won from a machine.

7. I know HTML, PHP, Java, and CSS, but I do not have a website.

8. I pierced my own lip three times without getting it infected, but I let 'em close up. My ears have had six piercings each without getting infected, though I only have three in each ear now.

9. I won the school Spelling Bee in third and fifth grade.

10. I have twenty-three bracelets that have never been taken off.

Wow, none of those were interesting. :/

Last edited by Invidia; 06-18-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:28 PM   #22  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Okay, here goes...

1) Ever since I heard Born to Run played on the radio when I was 10, I've been a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. I saw him live for the first time in 1981, and 6 more times since then. I had a hundred photos of him on my bedroom wall when I was in my early teens, and I used to kiss every single photo every night before I went to bed. Twenty-five years later, he is still my idea of the perfect man.

2) I have incredibly tender feet, and even the shortest walk gives me blisters. Regardless of what I've tried over the years to toughen them up, nothing ever seems to work.

3) In the course of my life I've owned two electric guitars, an electric bass guitar and two acoustic guitars, but I've never learned to tune them, let alone play them properly. I'm totally tone deaf. I currently own a Fender Telecaster, a harmonica and a trumpet - and I can't play any of them. Partly it's because I'm not 'musical' - though I'd love to be - and partly it's because I'm too indisciplined to push myself through the early awkward learning stages.

4) I always shower with my back turned towards the shower head, so that the spray falls on my back and shoulders not my face. If I force myself to go in face first, I get a dizzy, vertigo-like feeling.

5) I've started to write at least 20 novels, but have never got past the halfway point in any of them. I'd love to be a novelist more than anything else in the world, but I can't seem to push myself past that mid-book barrier.

6) I read all of Jane Austen's novels at least once a year, and my favourite book of all time is Pride and Prejudice. Apart from Austen, my favourite authors are Annie Proulx, John Irving, James Lee Burke, George Eliot and Michael Connolly.

7) I don't watch much TV, but a couple of shows I try never to miss are CSI and Stargate SG1. This could have something to do with the fact that I think Gil Grissom (William Peterson) and Jack O'Neill (Richard Dean Anderson) are really HOT.

8) I have a BA and MA in English Literature, yet my professional exams are in accountancy, and I work as a qualified management accountant for the UK National Health Service. Sometimes I even enjoy it, but it doesn't float my boat the way writing does.

9) When I was younger I wanted to be able to fly (as in flapping my wings) more than anything else in the world. If I could have a magic power now, though, it would be to have healing hands.

10) If I was offered the chance to live on a space station for a year, I would accept in a heartbeat.

Kind regards, Janey
Old 06-19-2005, 07:06 AM   #23  

What a fun thread! Hmm okay, 10 Random things about me.......

1) I love the smell of bleach

2) I can't stick my hands into Turkey Carcass. This has lead me to devise creative methods to cleaning and stuffing the Thanksgiving turkey.

3) I hate crowds

4) I can wiggle my nose in and out real fast like a rabbit

5) I am an Anglophile. Loving and intrigued by all things English.

6)I was arrested for citing a riot at a bowling alley. ( The "Strike and Spare Lounge" to be exact)

7) I'm pretty much tone deaf..but sing anyway..Oddly most all songs come out sounding the same .., something like a bad lounge singer imitating Mel Torme.

8) I was a nationally ranked Trapshooter, but don't know how to clean my own gun

9) I pay the toll for the car behind me on the NJ Parkway every Friday. If they are from NJ, I tell the tolltaker to tell them to have a great weekend - If outta state, I tell him to say Welcome to NJ.

10) I can't stand anything around my neck. It could be the most delicate necklace, but it will feel like 100 pounds around my neck.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:40 AM   #24  

1. Im 19 and blissfully engaged to my high school sweetheart

2. I studied in Siberia at Tomsk State University for a quarter, the first day I got there I was robbed of my passport, all my AMERICAN (not yet changed) money ($1500) my plane tickets home, my school VISA and a few knick knacks I'd picked up in Moscow. The Siberian police *actually* found the guy a few weeks before I left to come back home and I got everything except my money back- he hadnt sold my passport or VISA which was a miracle in itself.

3. I have one year of college left and Im a double major in International Studies with a focus on diplomacy and foreign relations and Anthropology

4. My dream car is a Mazda RX-8 but I could never own one because the rotary engine is too polluting and too gas guzzling

5. My favorite show is tied between "The People's Court" and "Judge Judy"

6. I ADORE children but am undecided as to whether I want to have any of my own- my fiance says we can make up our minds when we're atleast 30.

7. My Mom and my MIL are probably my closest friends (other than my fiance)

8. If I could live anywhere in the world it would be Ireland (I spent a few months there in HS and totally and completely fell in love)

9. I still have no clue what I want to do with the rest of my life, and I have absolutely NO direction career-wise

10. I've always hated my name (Joni, pronunced Joan-ee) and always felt it didnt suit me. In fact when people say "Joni" it usually doesnt register with me that Im being called or referred to.

Last edited by Ahealthierme; 06-19-2005 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:25 AM   #25  

I played the flute for 12 years.

I loved Beverly Hills 90210 and will sit through reruns whenever I get the change.

My favorite ice cream is Jamoca Almond Fudge.

I took Cake decorating classes, but could never the the roses down.

My son is autistic and the best part of my life.

I've had the same job for 20 years, even had the same chair for most of it.!!

I love to cook and bake!

I finishing my college education in 2 quarters...(I quit!)

I used to change my nailpolish everyday in high school....everyone oogled my hands!

I fried myself on the beach about 18 years ago, so bad I ended up the hospital. The sun and I don't get along at all anymore.

I am an avid Italian Charm bracelet collector.

I love Harry Potter!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 01:11 PM   #26  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

FYI (leanne and solus)--the entire series of My So-Called Life is available on DVD. It was 5 seasons (it's a 5-DVD set), but not many episodes all together. I have it--I think my sister bought it for me off the internet a few years ago.
Anyway, here goes:

1.) I went to college for Marketing with a minor in Music Industry. I want to work in music promotions, but I am currently a lowly technical writer/editor/proofreader.

2.) I can sing! Of course, I failed miserably when I was in high school and auditioned for the All-State choir; however, when I auditioned for the All-New England choir (I grew up in Connecticut), I made it with flying colors. Go figure

3.) I pick my nails. My boyfriend is trying to break me of this lifetime-long habit, but I still do it. I NEVER bite my nails, though. I just pick and peel them.

4.) I have been of legal working age for less than 7 years and have had 8 different jobs.

5.) When I was a baby, the doctors were worried because for my entire forst year of life, I wasn't gaining nearly enough weight. Boy, did I turn the tables on them!

6.) When I was in college, a roommate and I bought a lizard, but when we went to put it in the cage, it jumped out and ran into a corner where we couldn't reach it, so we blocked the hole it ran into with a shoebox lid and figured it would just die in there (hey, it seemed like a good idea at the time). Then we bought another one to put in the cage and never told the other 4 roommates about the lizard that escaped. Then 4 months later, the "dead" lizard appeared on our bedroom wall, and we had to explain the story to our roommates...

7.) The last time I went to visit my college town, I was walking past the house I used to live in, and one of the girls I lived with still lived in that house, but she had locked herself out. My friend and I helped her break into the house by hoisting her up while she ripped the screen and climbed through the kitchen window onto the sink. I haven't been back to visit since

8.) I once went through a phase of going to the gym ALL the time and actually reduced my body fat percentage by 15% in only 6 weeks. Of course, I'm sure I have since increased it by at least twice that much

9.) My boyfriend and I are driving to Georgia later this week--almost a 12-hour drive--to supposedly visit his aunt and uncle, but the real reason he wants to go is to see a concert in Atlanta of an orchestra playing the music from the Final Fantasy video games.

10.) I have to pee REALLY badly right now!!!!!
Old 06-20-2005, 03:08 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

What a neat thread idea!

1) I moved in with my husband less than 6 weeks after we met (5+ years later we're still happy and going strong).

2) I hate mayonaisse with the fire of a thousand suns.

3) ditto for tuna fish.

4) I changed my college major 4 times before settling on Nursing.

5) I don't like to wear shoes unless I absolutley have to.

6) When pregnant, I thought my first (a girl) was a boy and thought my second (a boy) was a girl. My mommy intuition is broken.

7) I've never been to Hawaii.

8) My favorite movie is What Dreams May Come

9) The chore I hate most is putting away silverware, but I don't mind vacuuming.

10) I still feel fluttery if my husband kisses my neck.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:04 PM   #28  
Confused Cow

Red face

1. I cannot roll my tongue

2. I remember useless information

3. I called my cat Lazy-Bones

4. I dont like touching my belly button because I am worried my finger will get stuck.

5. I used to have nightmares about great white sharks and swimming pools (finally explained by Jaws 3 and James Bond)

6. I can cook anything - except mash - it always ends up like soup with lumps.

7. I wont buy fish if it has a head - i make the fishmonger prepare it for me.

8. I have began to forget how old I am.

9. I have kept my sink shiny for 23 days now.

10. I am addicted to Discworld Novels and have all signed in hardback.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:13 PM   #29  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

All the Discworld books... In hardback... SIGNED...

I am so incredibly jealous of you...
Old 06-20-2005, 04:34 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Good topic

1. I was born and raised in Oklahoma

2. I would love to direct movies someday.

3. I would love to write novels someday.

4. I a great procrastinator.

5. I can say the alphabet backwards.

6. I married a man whose first and middle names are the same as the guy I had a crush on in high school.

7. I flunked Calculus II twice in college.

8. I would rather curl up with a good book and read all day long.

9. I was born on my parents' fourth annivesary.

10. When I was in elementary school I liked to put the school glue on my hand, let it dry and peel it off.
Closed Thread