General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

View Poll Results: Hug or Strangle
Hug 9 50.00%
Strangle 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 03:26 PM   #1  

Default To Hug or Strangle?

I woke up this morning, to find a 1 lb solid chocolate bunny propped up against my keyboard. So. Hug or strangle my husband?

Edit: I'm leaning towards hug, myself. But I don't know what I should do with the thing (though I do know what I probably will do with it in moments of weakness.}

Last edited by tealeaf; 03-20-2005 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:09 PM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

wrap it up tightly in aluminum foil and stick it in the freezer.....(if it's frozen solid andyou have a moment of weakness, you can't eat it"easily".....
Old 03-20-2005, 04:23 PM   #3  

That's actually a pretty good idea. I do prefer my chocolate frozen, anyways. But if it is frozen solid, and this thing is pretty thick, I'll basically just have to gnaw on it rather than scarfing it down with wild abandon.

I'll just have to make sure that there are no cameras around while I do this...
Old 03-20-2005, 04:58 PM   #4  

One of the girls at work was given a giant egg, and she raffled it in the office to raise money for charity.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:41 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

At Christmas time, I was given several boxes of chocolates from fancy stores, I rec'd over 6-7 boxes...LARGE boxes.......I couldn't bring them to work, because they came from doctors I work for.......

They went to my mother (85 years old and 100 lbs. soaking wet) except for 1 small container of vodka-truffles that I keep for emergencies....she kept some and then took them to her ladie's church group to have with their coffee/teas.

Someone told me that you should always eat chocolates in front of a mirror while wearing your bathing suit!
Old 03-21-2005, 12:01 PM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Y not break it up into tiny bite size pieces that are about 100 cals worth? Wrap each one up and label 100 cals! In big letters so you know what you're getting!

Save me the ears though
Old 03-21-2005, 01:38 PM   #7  

I'm sorry but the ears are already gone. As expected, I had a moment of weakness.

Last week wasn't real good for me. For the first since I've started my diet, I actually had a gain from Monday to Monday. Ah well. Since I've increased the weight on my lifting and elliptical, I'm just telling myself that it's all muscle.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:39 PM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

those are great ideas!!!!!
Old 03-21-2005, 02:08 PM   #9  

hug him- if he's like my husband, he doesn't think you need to lose weight; he loves you just the way you are- so he's not necessarily "sabotaging" you or anything... it was just a kind gesture...

I'm hoping mine leaves me Peeps someday soon- I've been hinting alot!

Congrats on the 11 lbs! keep it up!
Old 03-22-2005, 02:38 PM   #10  

Well, I know he knows I'm fat, he just doesn't think I can do anything about it. But no, he wasn't trying to sabatoge. He knows I like chocolate, and thinks that my diet can't possibly work, so why not?

I didn't strangle. Upon reflection, I decided that gift-giving impulses should always be encouraged. Maybe one day I'll get jewelry!
Old 03-22-2005, 08:35 PM   #11  

I was going to say, that often people find it hard to think of gifts for those they are closest to. So he probably thought he was doing something nice for you! It might just take a bit of time to teach him that now, chocolate is not the best gift, but jewellery is! lol He probably just wanted to put a smile on your face (and has by the sounds of it). ANyway I think the freezing idea is the best.. especually if it is so hard you kind of have to gnaw and drool like a teething child! The indignity of it all will make sure you don't scarf it down in one go!
Closed Thread