General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 12:34 PM   #1  

Question Travel offers?

I work in a government Agency office and we constantly get faxes on travel deals. In fact, we got two today--one for a $99 (per person, per night) 5 night Disney trip and the other for a $99 (pp,pn) 6 night Orlando/Ft. Lauderdale trip, bot w/2 theme park tickets included. We also get similar ones for Cancun trips.

I just wondered if anyone out there has ever taken one of these deals and if they're really too good to be true. I'm guessing there would be some kind of timeshare sales pitch included somewhere, don't know, though.

Any input is appreciated!

Cheryl
Old 02-11-2005, 03:47 PM   #2  
it's always something

I've never done this, but have heard a few horror stories. They usually do require that you sit through a presentation of some sort - they have to be getting something in return. There are some companies that do offer straight travel deals, but there are usually catches there, too. There may be a lot of blackout dates, you may have other fees that are not disclosed in the initial offer, you may end up in a really bad hotel. Are the disneyworld tickets for just one day, two days? Are you responsible for the airfare?

Do you have the name of the companies offering the deals? If you do consider something like this, make sure you check the BBB for complaints, and also use Google to see what you can find out.

If you are really interested in these specific locations (Disney or Bahamas) there are some really great, legimate travel websites that report on deals, so you might find something equally as inexpensive, that gives you full control and knowledge of what you are getting, without having to sit through a high pressure sales pitch.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:48 AM   #3  

Thanks, Suzanne!

That's pretty much what I figured. Just wanted a second opinion!

Cheryl
Old 02-18-2005, 02:51 PM   #4  
i luv my dog!

These offers are not worth the fax paper they are wasting.

Many states have had "do-not-fax" laws for several years now and beginning in July, 2005 it will be a national law. http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/unwantedfaxes.html
Closed Thread