General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-11-2017, 11:42 PM   #1  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Just general frustration

I have not posted here, in a long time. I have stuck to my health, mostly. The last 2 years have been tough.

My paternal gramma, at 95 passed late March, 2015. She was 95. Then in May of 2015, my mother fell at home, dang near died, and then me and my sisters, got to clean out her hoarding mess.

Oh, and in the summer of 2014, me and the sisters, got to clean out my maternal grammas house, because she chose to go to the nursing home.

And then, we told Mom, she needed to stay in the nursing home. She was $70000 in debt!

So we get her on medicaid, get this all figured out. Sell the house, tell the credit card people to go pound sand, etc.

So I think, summer 2016, got this! NOT. My mother inlaw, died, out of the blue. And my father in law, while we knew he had Alzhiemers, the mil, hid how bad!

Now my husband has 4 siblings, and we have to keep watch on his dad 24/7, with at least 2 people on board, all the time. And it's a 70 mile drive to the house, and the sister in law is the only one who does not work.

So we tag teamed all of this until we found a place for him. Early September, 2016. He passed in Feb.

In this case, there is a "little" money, and a vacation home to sell. And 2 dumb *** siblings, out of 5, and my husband is the trustee of all of this.
And I am my mothers, POA. My middle sister is my maternal 99 1/2 year old gramma's POA.

So the first weekend in June my husbands family is getting together to spread his parents ashes. The oldest brother made bad money choices, and wants us to low ball the lake house. The sister inlaw, belongs to some goofy church, has known for 2 months, we were planning on this weekend. Now, her husband the head of the church, they are having a big weekend to do, so she is not coming. The baby brother with the boat, so we can spread ashes at the lake, can only do it one day, he had notice as well. So the plans change.

And so on and so forth. Then, my husband buggered his knee at work, so now we have a workmans comp run around BS to deal with.

100 mile drive, time change, yada, yada, yada.

I really just want to hang out in my garden, with the dogs and cats, and pull weeds, and tell them all to get kidnapped by aliens.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:54 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Ugh. That's a lot to deal with! Are you sure we don't have the same in-laws, lol? When my grandpa died he left an apartment complex worth over a million bucks. The in-laws just wanted money and insisted on taking a low-ball price, which barely paid off what was due on the mortgage. Grandpa was probably rolling in his grave.

I lost my dad last year and my husband lost his dad last year. Our moms are still living. His mom is going to move in with us. My mom is going to move closer to a sister, since she doesn't want to come back to Alaska and deal with our winters. Who can blame her?

Re your FIL, your MIL might not have hidden his Alzheimers- the stress of a death and change can make Alzheimers much worse and very quickly. It runs in my family, as well. My grandma was doing pretty good until my grandpa died, and then she went downhill fast.

I guess the good part is that- well, couple things. One, your family is remarkably long lived! That bodes well for you and the hubby! Two- you've handled things and you're nearly done with the deaths. I don't mean that in a mean-spirited way, but death is inevitable and this is a really hard part of life when our parents are dying. You've handled 3/4 now. It'll be better.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote