General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-11-2015, 12:57 AM   #1  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Default What are your quirks that people tease you for?

Thought it was a fun question.

Only rule is that you can't judge other people (at least publicly) or invalidate their feelings. I want this to be fun and light-hearted! We're all a little weird so let's embrace it!!

Mine is prime numbers. I absolutely cannot stand them. My disdain for them stretches to the point where my boyfriend and I are having a hard time picking a wedding date. ****, we can't even choose a year! Okay, I can't. We know it won't be in 2016 because there's too much going on in our lives with college. I absolutely can't do 2017. It's the next prime year, the last one was 2013. I can do 2018 as long as it is before September. I'll be turning 29 that September and that's just a big nope! 2019 is an uncomfortable gray area. It's divisible by 3 so it's not prime, but the abbreviated version is '19 and that irks me.

My boyfriend told me he was going to me marry me on 11/11/17 just to bug me. I responded with, "you might be getting married that day but I sure won't!" We had a good laugh. I then told that to my best friends who said that I'd get married in 2016 but pop out my first child in 2017. Jerks.

I'm not sure why they bug me on such a deep level. I'm pretty good at being able to identify prime numbers when I see them and it really bothers me. Like on this site I have a hard time when peoples goals are a prime number. I just want to yell at them to round it up or down, just not prime.

So welcome to the freak show.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:49 AM   #2  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Oh gosh, so many. So, so many. I'll pick three.

1. I have a horrible sense of direction. It is literally so bad, people will ask me which way I think something is, hear my answer and travel the opposite direction. The worst part is, they get there by doing that.

2. I often call the dishwasher the washing machine. For some reason, this is inexcusable XD

3. I can't stand jay walking. I usually have to hold someone's hand and run and try not to cry. I'll end up on the other side of street before everyone and scream at them to run and hurry up.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 02:10 AM   #3  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: S 270/C Ticker/MiniGoal#1 170

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenseAndSensibility View Post

1. I have a horrible sense of direction. It is literally so bad, people will ask me which way I think something is, hear my answer and travel the opposite direction. The worst part is, they get there by doing that.
I am exactly the same. I have always called it Directional Dyslexia. I had thought I coined the term but it turns out it's a real thing. If I'm in a hilly area I'm OK - as long as I can spot landmarks around me I can get a sense of bearings. If I'm in a fairly flat area I can be lost for hours.
Vickie Chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I have really bad vision...like so bad that without my glasses/contacts I'm legally blind. My friends like to play a game with me where I take off my glasses and they point to things and ask if I can read them (I usually can't). It's funny to see how close I have to get to something to be able to read it.

I also can be a little accident prone. Never anything serious, but just dumb little things. For instance, a couple of months ago I sprained my ankle while studying with friends. How? My foot fell asleep and then it rolled when I tried to walk. Yeah, I got a lot of good-natured teasing for that one...What makes it even better was I was telling a friend how it happened, when I slipped on the tiniest patch of ice and cut my finger, the finger that I had broken ice skating with that friend the year before

Leah I actually love prime numbers! I prefer them over even numbers
GordonGirl16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/185/125

Height: 5'3”

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyLeah View Post

I'm not sure why they bug me on such a deep level. I'm pretty good at being able to identify prime numbers when I see them and it really bothers me. Like on this site I have a hard time when peoples goals are a prime number. I just want to yell at them to round it up or down, just not prime.

So welcome to the freak show.
You're not the only one with "number issues" as my friends call it. lol I like things in 5's, 10's, 25's, 50's, 100's. I understand goal weights being a prime number. I'm the same, I'll see one, my brain will explode with ocd, and I'm sitting there all "omg, you hate me." lol

When I lived in Texas co-workers would ask me to say certain words like "scooter" and "boots" cause despite how much I toned down my Northern accent when working some words I said with such a strong Northern accent uncontrollably. Outside of work I was constantly asked "what country are you from?" or "Are you from Canada?"

I have this strange talent of getting "lost" while traveling, not realize it at all, and some how get to my designation. Normally I'll realize I took the completely wrong way once I'm entering the city/town and I'm not entering from the side I should be. lol Like I went to visit my brother, I apparently took the wrong exit, went through many small back country towns, got back on the highway thinking it was the right one, kept going, hours later I see a sign saying getting off the South exit to his city instead of the West exit (which would be like a hour from the South one). Normally it takes about 5 1/2 - 6 hours to get to his place the way I thought I was going... The way I really went it took me 5.
dragonstar85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I don't eat blue things. For example, I love sweets, but blue M&M's? Nope! Blue incing on cake? Nope! Blue sprinkles on cookies? Nope! Blue is just not a natural color for food. Even blueberries are purple! I've heard there is a naturally occurring blue potato, but at this point, I don't think I could eat it. It would remind me of mold. Blue foods are not for me!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-11-2015 at 09:46 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/ticker/115

I have a major tendency to fall into this state where I stare into nothingness and don't react to anything. And when I "wake up" and someone asks me what I was thinking, I can't remember. I like to call it "being on stand-by". It can happen when I'm walking and chatting with a friend too, I suddenly just stop talking or hearing, I keep walking though, my eyes don't apparently move. I've been teased about this a lot! I don't mind though, it has always been friendly sort of teasing. My father is the same. A friend though once managed to wake me from that state by snapping her fingers repeatedly just before my face. It felt absolutely terrible, I was so angry!
pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Funny stuff guys. Can't believe you're putting off your wedding because of prime numbers! I love prime numbers, my lucky numbers are 13 and 17 lol

I count my steps. It's weird. For whatever reason every time I start walking I start counting. I can't get rid of the habit.

I also type everything that I think and hear. Only my husband knows this because he knows me well and noticed that my fingers twitch slightly as I sit alone or when he's talking to me.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:43 PM   #9  

LovelyLeah - this is for you:
The prime number shitting bear
Old 07-11-2015, 07:00 PM   #10  
Earning back my muscles

S/C/G: 184/184/size 8

Height: 5'5

Leah-you must be too young to remember Number Munchers. That was the BEST computer game ever! You had to go around eating all the prime numbers and I've always loved prime numbers because of that game!

ill have to think about my weird habits. I might be in denial haha!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (26.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by HIheart; 07-11-2015 at 07:03 PM.
HIheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

I double wash my hands. It's something I picked up about 16 years ago & I can't seem to stop, even with the severe drought we are in here in northern CA. I just use liquid soap & use the H2O as sparingly as I can.

When I go to bed, I MUST start out on my left side! I've tired & tried to not, & guess what? I cannot fall asleep! It made it **** when I was recovering from major surgery & couldn't lay on either side! Good thing for heavy drugs!!!

I yawn just like my mom! My hubby thinks it's hilarious! It's kind of like a crazy sing-song yawn. I started doing it when I was about 35-40 yrs. old & I didn't even realize I was doing it! So he calls me by Mom's name to point it out!

I'm sure I have other quirks, but I'll keep those to myself!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 275/222/140

I hate it when people wink. It gives me a chill up my spine every single time. My co-workers know this about me, so they wink at me just to mess with me. I hate it!! I know it's strange , but I am OK with that.
utgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 09:18 AM   #13  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeon View Post
LovelyLeah - this is for you:
The prime number shitting bear
I think I now dislike bears too.

HiHeart I actually do remember that game. I avoided playing it at school and went with Treasure Mountain instead.

LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #14  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

I have a completely irrational phobia of crane flies. I know they can't hurt me... I just hate the way they bounce around and flap their legs in my face and get tangled in things. And the fact that they look so big. I have, a few times already this summer, stood out on the landing wielding a paper plate, in my underwear, unable to move because there are one or more of the beasties making themselves at home in my living space. I try to be polite though, and say "Excuse me please, Monsieur Longlegs, would you mind buggering off so I can continue my flap-free evening? Thanks so much" I do get teased for this.
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:53 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTibbles View Post
I try to be polite though, and say "Excuse me please, Monsieur Longlegs, would you mind buggering off so I can continue my flap-free evening? Thanks so much"
That is so cute!!!