General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-26-2015, 03:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 354/307/200

Height: 5'3

Default going to Disneyland in a year, worried about not fitting on rides

Hello all,

I'm down about 50lbs and have at least 100 more to go. I weigh 303 and was wondering if I dropped another 60 by next July do you think I'll have problems fitting on the rides.

Thanks for your input!!
bperezlavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:47 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

So I'll say I remember being 280ish at Disneyland (I'm 5'6 and bottom heavy) and being able to fit in all the rides. For a lot of the classic 'kid' rides, you may not be able to share a seat with someone but you should be still able to fit as they were built for up to 2 adults in a row. The matterhorn is even built for 2 adults to be in 1 seat belt and my husband and I got in it together. A lot of the newer rides are built for our expanded society. It is mostly the older rides (aka the ones built in the 50s) that might give some people an issue if anything.

So yeah, you shouldn't have an issue I would suspect even at your current weight.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Of course everyone carries weight a bit different, but I went to an amusement park at about 260lbs around a year and a half ago. I'm 5'4. I was able to ride roller coasters and all. The only one I couldn't do was a swing ride. The combined weight (they were two person swings) was not suppose to be above 350lbs.

So, most rides I think you'll be good on at 240ish.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 164/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Well, even though it sounds like you won't have a problem fitting on the rides, maybe that trip can be your motivator anyway. Keep up the good work and maybe you'll even fit on the kids rides!
AshliRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 330/324.5/115

Height: 5'6''

I would work towards having more endurance walking as well. Walking for 3 or 4 hours to most of the day will need some preparation at a higher weight.
jessicadb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:50 PM   #6  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

It depends on where you carry your weight. For example, bigger stomach will be harder for the lap band rides, but not necessarily for the rides where it is shoulder straps. I went to an amusement park (not Disney though) at 235 and was perfectly fine. Great job on the 50 already lost
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 294/ticker/240

Height: 6' 4"

I've found that Disneyland is accessible for people of larger proportions. I had no issues, and my brother-in-law is 5'9" and 335 and he fit in everything as well. I think that Disneyland makes their rides accessible to as many people as they can. Other parks aren't so accommodating.
superfluous is offline   Reply With Quote