General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-09-2015, 12:33 AM   #1  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Customer service. Deep sigh.

I work for a veterinarian, and I also groom dogs.

Yesterday, new client. Ok. I've been doing this for 10 years! I asked for specific instructions. Especially because the dog was going else where today to have a tumor removed.

I talked to the owner, got the instructions, she wanted a "LION" cut on a Golden Retriever. Ok. I also told her I would leave the area, around the lump alone. I did not want to do anything that would compromise the surgery.

So, I take into consideration the surgery, and the lion cut, thinking, that, later, if she wants, after the surgery site heals, I could blend this in. I offered to do this for free.

I did not have to do this.

When she picked up the dog, she seemed happy. She called back later, and complained, but did want to talk to me, she whined to a co worker.

Ok.

Then, I find out this morning, she was pissed! I know this because, she works in the same department as the wife, of the vet tech I work with, and she took her dog, took pictures, and used her work email, to say what I did was an epic "FAIL"

I was not surprised. After 10 years of doing this, about 30 seconds in to talking to her, I knew, this was going to end badly. I knew this, because she dissed every other groomer in town, to me. We have 4! It is a small community.

The other groomers, I know them, they are good at what they do. They do good grooming.

So, question is, I can get a copy of her email, should I do something with it? Or since I'm busier than all get out, just blow her off?
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #2  
Releasing the inner hiker

My advice? Let it go. If there are only a few groomers in the area, and she has burned bridges with them all, she'll be forced to go elsewhere. And, you don't want to ruin or smear your own reputation playing he said/she said. She sounds like one of those folks who nitpick everything, which her acquaintances probably realize.

Plus, wanting such a cut for a golden, shows she just doesn't have good taste. ��
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 05:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

To be charitable, let's hope she was just worried sick about her dog and bad-tempered as a result. Though a lion cut?!
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

What someone thinks of you is none of your business. If she had the guts she would talk to you directly and then she would find out that you are more than capable of helping her achieve the desired results she wants. But she didn't, because she's not interested in that, she's only interested in badmouthing people so leave her to it.

I don't know if anyone else thinks the way I do but whenever I hear someone badmouthing it makes me think of the bad mouther in a negative way. Badmouthing says more about the badmouther than anyone else.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/152/125

I'm with Palestrina. Being the bigger person not only feels good and makes you look professional, but it also irritates the other person even more. So it's also fun.
Violette_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:00 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina View Post
What someone thinks of you is none of your business. If she had the guts she would talk to you directly and then she would find out that you are more than capable of helping her achieve the desired results she wants. But she didn't, because she's not interested in that, she's only interested in badmouthing people so leave her to it.

I don't know if anyone else thinks the way I do but whenever I hear someone badmouthing it makes me think of the bad mouther in a negative way. Badmouthing says more about the badmouther than anyone else.
I agree with you. I try really, really hard to form an opinion of others based on what I know of them rather than what I hear others say about them. For instance, someone I know referred to a lady that lives a few blocks from me as the "b*tch" of my town. I don't know her well, but she always says hello to me, and the few times I've chatted with her, she seems really nice. Also, I know she rescues dogs (she has three right now). All that is positive, so for now, I'll going to base my opinion of her on what I know of her, not what others say.

Unfortunately (for the OP), not all people think this way. I'm a teacher, and I've been slammed by the slacker students I've had over the years on ratemyprofessor. Unfortunately, people are more apt to go on such sites to complain than they are to compliment.

I agree with the others: I wouldn't spend another moment thinking about that woman.

Last edited by lin43; 05-11-2015 at 02:01 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I'd say try to let it go. I worked in customer service (retail, then later tech support) for nearly 13 years. Some customers just seem to have it out for you. I guess it makes them feel better if they have someone they can lord it over so they feel superior. Chances are if you do e-mail her, she's going to blow that out of proportion too, and try to get you fired for it as e-mailing someone like that is a bit unprofessional, regardless of how much you may feel it's deserved.

Perhaps just tell her she needs to find another groomer since she was so dissatisfied last time if she comes in. Assuming she does again, which she may if you work with her spouse and all the other groomers have also been badmouthed.

I cannot imagine how a lion would look on a retriever. I cannot see how that would look remotely good, so I think perhaps she was just crazy to begin with. Any I've ever had have much too short hair to pull that off.

Last edited by sunarie; 05-11-2015 at 08:24 PM.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:52 PM   #8  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Try not to let it upset you too much; some people can never be pleased.

I love golden retrievers but have never seen one with a lion cut, must google.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote