General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-11-2014, 11:58 AM   #16  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would say as hard as it is try to relax a little. My mom is an excessive worrier and it has affected our relationship all my life. As an adult, I stopped telling her stuff because I know she'd worry. I go on trips and try to pretend like I'm home. I told her I was going to Europe but only a week prior to us leaving.

As for camping, I've done a tons of camping. We even had bears outside our tent once but if you follow the rules provided, you are generally going to be safe.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #17  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
Thanks, Glamour. I really do want him to experience life to the fullest so I try to keep my worries in check.

I got a call from my son today and he said they froze their @sses off last night and barely slept. I guess the tent, sleeping bags, and layers of clothing/jackets didn't do it. I said to my ex not to go right now because it will be too cold overnight but what do I know. He laughed at me....now he's laughing all the way to the store for more items to keep them warm. At least it's 60 during the day.

One more night. $20 says next time he takes him in August like I said.
Hey, plus side, you got something good you can rub the ex's nose in!

Seriously, he froze? I can't imagine what kind of equipment your ex has, brings a gun but crap sleeping bags? Really?!?

Like I say about my first husband, "There's a reason he's my ex".

Last edited by ReNew Me; 10-11-2014 at 12:47 PM.
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #18  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNew Me View Post
Hey, plus side, you got something good you can rub the ex's nose in!

Seriously, he froze? I can't imagine what kind of equipment your ex has, brings a gun but crap sleeping bags? Really?!?

Like I say about my first husband, "There's a reason he's my ex".
According to him they were good sleeping bags and his wife said he prepared like it was going to be zombie apocalypse so I don't know what happened. God only knows with him. Hopefully they are better prepared tonight now.

Camping is not my thing. Give me a beach with pina coladas.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #19  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I would say as hard as it is try to relax a little. My mom is an excessive worrier and it has affected our relationship all my life. As an adult, I stopped telling her stuff because I know she'd worry. I go on trips and try to pretend like I'm home. I told her I was going to Europe but only a week prior to us leaving.

As for camping, I've done a tons of camping. We even had bears outside our tent once but if you follow the rules provided, you are generally going to be safe.
My Mom was an excessive worrier and apparently her anxieties rubbed off. I'm okay today, for now anyway.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #20  
Refreshed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNew Me View Post
Slow down there, stud, considering your idea of fun seems to be eating a pound of kippers after a five mile run you better start off slow or you're liable to pull a muscle. Take a box of sparklers to a topless beach and work your way up.
I may have tinkled a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
My Mom was an excessive worrier and apparently her anxieties rubbed off. I'm okay today, for now anyway.
FWIW, your initial post seems like normal mother worry, not something excessive. I think the fact that you're aware of your concerns and that you want him to live his life says it all.
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote