General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

Default Let's declutter our homes?!

Is your home cluttered and you dread the idea of going through the holidays with so much stuff laying around? Are you wondering where the h*** did all your space go?

My home is in need of some seeeerious decluttering. I mean, really, i have closed boxes from when i moved in and that was 2 years ago... . I have multiples of many things - Why, oh WHY do i need an extra scale that doesn't weight properly and that i never use? Also, i have 5 dogs and one lives inside the house and she is so freaking scared of all my knick-knacks that it might be a good action to get rid of at least half of them. In adition, there's the fact that all that stuff is driving me CRAZY !

We can use this thread to keep ouserlves accontable and share our experiences while we declutter our homes and lives! Today i'm going to start decluttering some drawers and let's see how it goes....!

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 09-23-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #2  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Oh, good for you!

I am in a constant battle with clutter. Part of me wants to hold onto things for a yard sale when we move (planning to move next July), but the other part would really rather just get rid of stuff now. I've boxed up a few things to sell next year in the shed. But it certainly would be good to get rid of some of the other CRAP!
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:25 PM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

We have alot of stuff because we are a busy family and also have had numerous relatives (often children) living with us as well...Our garage is full of stuff and there's no room for our vehicles anymore LOL, just the motorcycle...I'm going to make sure we go through that stuff in the next few weekends and make trips to the dump to get rid of stuff, because I need to be able to park my car in there in the winter...We also are fixing the garage door, which a teenager broke a few years ago, and now it won't move up or down on its own.

I post things that are still usable on the local Facebook pages "Buy/Sell/Trade" and "Pay It Forward" which is for freebies.
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:42 AM   #4  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

I love to declutter! It's just maintanance stuff that needs done at this point: kids clothes, kitchen drawers and cupboards. The giant sectional sofa sucks all kinds of stuff underneath and has been on my to-do list.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #5  

09/23 - Decluttered 3 drawers in the living room. 34 itens decluttered; most will be donated.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Oooh, this is a great idea! Starting with the kitchen.

I'm roomies with my mom and she's got some strange attachments to items in the house, but hoping to focus on things we can both agree need to go.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #7  
Piggies obsessed

S/C/G: 300/275/140

Recently me and my husband have been doing a lot of decluttering. We have a huge book collection and we're thinking of selling most of them and getting them on kindle instead to help make more space in the house. The kitchen is also in bad need of decluttering and we'll be doing that soon as well. We used to have hoarding problems but we finally decided that enough is enough and we're getting rid of all the junk.
VioletDolphin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:38 AM   #8  

Today i hope to continue decluttering the living room! OMG, i'm so glad i'm doing this or else i would be crazy by the first holiday (here it's 12/10).

VioletDolphin83 - Congrats on overcoming your hoarding issues, it must be so challenging!

And how are you all guys doing?
Old 09-26-2014, 07:59 AM   #9  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I bag it up. And throw it out.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242/sig/170

Height: 5'6

I moved in to this house about 10 months ago, pretty much everything went in the spare bedroom. Well, recently I decided to help a friend out, so I let her move in with me. I cleaned everything out of that room, but now I have a corner in my bedroom that is full of boxes of stuff that I probably don't need.
I don't understand how one person can have so many things.
prayersinchairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

What perfect timing! Today I cleaned out my kitchen cabinets and organized them. Had a few items past their expiration dates.
Everything is neat and tidy -- makes me so happy!

I have a three day weekend coming up, and my closet is long overdue for a major cleaning. I plan to take everything out of it (oh my gosh) and completely reorganize it. I'll try to remember and report back. Maybe since I said it here, I'll follow through with my organizing plans!

ETA: oh my gosh. I don't know whether to laugh or hang my head in shame. I just cleaned out two purses. I found a can of soup. It's not expired or anything (so it isn't THAT bad)....but wow. lol

Last edited by Quiet Ballerina; 10-05-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 175

This is absolutely on my To Do list.
I really hate clutter and have no problem tossing things out!
healthyin2015 is offline   Reply With Quote