General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/120

Height: 5'0

Default Anybody having or had this problem?

Have you ever worried that a person you were in love with wasn't noticing you or didn't feel the same way just because you were fat? I'm kind of feeling that way now
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

I have felt that way but came to find out it was not about me at all, the person
had other things that were a concern. Communication is the key if the person is
willing to talk things over.

Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 130/130/120

Height: 5'5.5"

We all like to project things onto people that just aren't true. You may be imagining it. If you aren't imagining it and they aren't interested in you because of your weight, I wouldn't worry about them anyway.

If you're close to them, discuss it with them. It may hurt, but ask them honestly if they think your weight is a problem. Then tell them that you're working on it and you'd appreciate their support
chmia14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/225/120

Height: 5'0

For me, I have kind of an unrequited love situation with a person I don't really know, but also I stress about being considered physically and sexually attractive to certain types of people. We live in such a class-conscious, body-conscious, and image-conscious society. On one hand the unlucky people are told they aren't good enough for the lucky people, so settle with someone closer to her status but on another hand you must work your way up the latter to better yourself. So frustrating.
PrincessKLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 02:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/211/190

Height: 5'6"

I've felt that way before. What you need to do is realize that if they truly are ignoring you just because of your weight, then that's not someone you want to be with anyway. Those type of people are the worst & even if you looked the way they wanted you to look, you're going to see how wrong they are for you.

Love is tricky in that you can't control who you fall for but know that not everyone you fall for is right for you. If you can find you someone who has interest in you just by being who you are, then that's who you should go for. You also have to be willing to be yourself & not "fake it til' you make it".

Hope everything works out though. These situations suck but it may not be as bad as you think.
JeremyG is offline   Reply With Quote