General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/235/160

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Possible pregnancy and Nexplanon

Hello all, I'm in need of some advice.

Back in April I went in and had the Nexplanon implant placed in my arm. I'd researched it and found it would be the best suited for me and my lifestyle. It was put in a eight days after my TOM so I asked if the effects would still be immediate. My doctor told me it should, but advised me to wait five days before anything unprotected. In the end, we waited three as I felt/thought I would be safe.

Since having it placed, I've had an almost constant TOM. It's so light that it doesn't even require a panty liner, but it's there. (I'll have a week and a half to two weeks off maybe, and then it's back.)

My fiance is the anxious type, so for his sake I took three tests after a month and a half had passed (waited a week between doing each.) and all came back negative.

My concern:
This past week I have been having this feeling in my stomach. It's not gas or bloating, but more of a twitching feeling. I've never experienced anything like it before. My immediate reaction is "AH! I'm pregnant!" The sensation happens anywhere from just under my belly button to maybe 3-4 inches above it, almost directly, and occasionally an inch or two to the side. (Mostly the left.) This area also seems to not feel so much like fat, but it's sort of hard. (Heavy girl problems ha ha.)

I've thought back to any other possible symptoms I could have had or may be having and came up with sore breasts, and possible fatigue... but each of those could be caused by other things. I also know my mom and her mother both had easy pregnancies (No morning sickness, etc.) so I'm concerned that I might not necessarily have other early symptoms.

At this point I'm at a loss as to what I should do. If I am pregnant, I'd be around the 14-16 week mark. If I am I need to get this thing out of my arm ASAP, I just don't know if I'm being overly paranoid. Any experiences or advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated as I have never been pregnant and don't know what to expect in all of it.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Have you called your doctor? They will be able to give you a blood test for pregnancy, talk to you about the symptoms you are experiencing and give you actual medical help and advice.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #3  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

It's probably all in your head, but I agree that you should make an appointment to get a blood test at your doctor's office ASAP.

I can't tell you how many times I have convinced myself I am pregnant, even when on birth control, using condoms, etc. and not even wanting to be pregnant. LOL Hormones make us crazy
Closed Thread