General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #16  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

It may be the hair but he reminds me a lot of my old French roommate!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 297/182/155

Height: 5'8

AWW! I can see the resemblance. Glad he had a great time!!
df180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:29 PM   #18  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

Such a handsome young man you've got there
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #19  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
It's very true. I think he looks more like me now than he ever has.

Want to know what 's funny? Today I posted a picture of my 9 year old and it wanted to tag him as my older son. The two look SO MUCH alike at similar ages.... It's just hard to see that now side by side with almost 9 years between them.
Between the age gap and frame differences that can make it tough to evaluate. It was only just a little while ago, looking at a family picture, I figured out why none of my kids seem to look like me. My husband has stronger features, and the children who favor me the most in the face have HIS square, strong bone structure underlying it, which throws my perspective. The kiddo who has my face shape and jaw has his eyes and the eyes always dominate our ideas about someone's likeness.

So basically my kids DO look like me, but it's hard to see when I'm looking at them every day because my husband's features are stronger. And I NEVER think they look like one another, but I'll get a baby picture or toddler picture from one kid and think it belongs to a different child! Our brains definitely see things in pieces and impressions, instead of accurate to reality
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #20  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
So basically my kids DO look like me, but it's hard to see when I'm looking at them every day because my husband's features are stronger. And I NEVER think they look like one another, but I'll get a baby picture or toddler picture from one kid and think it belongs to a different child! Our brains definitely see things in pieces and impressions, instead of accurate to reality
This is exactly it. I don't think Adrian and Henry look alike - at all - besides the hair and both being tall. However, when I take out the baby, toddler, little kid photos, they look a LOT a like!

And yes, my older son has the strong features like his dad, but when you REALLY look for the details, there's probably even more of "me than him. Let me see if I can find a photo of DH and me and the two kids.

OK, here is the first day of school this year, a day before his 17th birthday. And my husband with WAY too short hair (it's black - getting peppered now):

And me when I was 175 pounds (to compare with like weight):

And the little guy (8 in the photo on the first day of school):

And then my older son at the same age (8):

When you really look, they don't look that much alike, but it's the hair, the height, etc that makes it seem they look SO MUCH alike.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:49 AM   #21  
Back with a story

Oh yes, your oldest looks much more like you. Your youngest has Daddy's eyes, though. The height and build just messes with our heads, but he's almost a clone of you in the face.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:58 AM   #22  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Oh yes, your oldest looks much more like you. Your youngest has Daddy's eyes, though. The height and build just messes with our heads, but he's almost a clone of you in the face.
It's so funny how it all works. Both our kids are a good MIX of the two of us, obviously, as that's how it works, but yes the height, curly, red hair and similar eyes do it too.

DH has nearly black eyes and black hair. I have dark blonde hair and blue eyes - kids have the copper hair and the oldest has greenish to hazelish eyes (too green to be hazel to brown to be green) and the youngest has light brown/hazel eyes.

Oh and BOTH of them have darker pigmented skin that either Sven or I. I fry in 10 minutes, DH in about 15 minutes and the kids take about 30 minutes to fry. We are all fair, but there is fair and then FAIR. People on both sides of the family have some olive ton skin, so I'm glad they picked up a bit more pigment.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #23  
Back with a story

Genetics can be weird that way
Old 05-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #24  
Melissa

And... let me add graduation... Realized I'm the only one without red hair! DH has a red beard (same shade as the kids' hair) and then the kids have the red hair. I feel left out! ALL my "boys" have red hair on their heads! (just maybe their chins too)

See the link to the post: http://melissaslife42.blogspot.com/2...ord-month.html