General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/152/132

Height: 5'3"

Default What "fat person" things have you vowed never to do again?

I'm just curious, I have a friend who lost weight and I mentioned us grabbing some food and driving somewhere. She replied that she has vowed never to eat in the car because that is a "fat person" thing. She asked me if I had any similar "fat person" things I refuse to do. For another friend it is wearing sweatpants. She doesn't own any and refuses to ever wear them again. I cannot think of one myself except for eating Hamburger Helper but I think that is pretty specific to being fat, not just an associated behavior like wearing sweats or eating in the car.

So, I'm curious, anyone else have some "fat person" behaviors that they have sworn to never do again???
20lbtogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

We no longer eat in the living room or car; only in the dining room. There is no excuse why we're so hungry that we have to eat wherever we happen to be at that moment. If we're on a road trip and we get hungry, we stop and eat either in the restaurant or at the very least we sit outside. It doesn't cost you that much time, and it's a nice break on the road anyway.

I have also vowed never to wear pants with an elastic waist band. I will also never again pair an obvious summer dress with a cardigan in December and try to pass it off as a fashion statement instead of admitting the the dress is loose and forgiving and none of my pants fit.
HelloNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:18 AM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

buying junk food and eating it all and hiding the evidence....unfortunately ive done that twice not recently but I have....

and I dread being heavy enough where my belly fat gets tucked into my pants ive always promised myself I will NEVER let myself get that fat
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #4  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

This is a great question. I really don't have an answer. I never thought of the things I do as being "fat behavior". Well, aside from eating too much, lol.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 275.4/258.6/200

Height: 5'1"

Stopping for drive thru food on my way home from work to "hold me over till I get home".
NJChick78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:14 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Stopping for drive thru food on my way home from work to "hold me over till I get home".
lmao. I used to do that. I would order two big macs, large fries and a large shake and eat them in the car. I'd then get home, wait a few hours and have dinner!

Last edited by IanG; 08-29-2013 at 04:14 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/(ticker)/155

Height: 5'6"

Eat only to make sure I'm not hungry later.

I've realized if I get hungry later, I'll just eat then. I don't need to store food in my stomach like I'm going into hibernation. We live in America - there is always something to eat nearby if I get hungry!

Last edited by Underwater; 08-29-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Underwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I quit sitting on the couch. Seriously, never do it. I bought a stability ball and I sit on it and do exercises if I watch DVRd shows. Sometimes, I march or jog in place, sometimes I do yoga or stretches on the floor or dance during the commercials. But, I haven't been a couch potato and haven't even sat on the couch since December.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

No sitting in the kitchen eating frosting with a spoon. Fortunately I'm both better controlled AND low carb these days, so I eat at the table (95% of the time) and frosting doesn't interest me anymore.

Now. Peanut butter, on the other hand...
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/156/145

Height: 5'7"

I will NEVER again drink my calories. I do not necessarily consider this a FAT behaviour, but I KNOW it made me fat. I easily drank 10 FULL calorie sodas a DAY! Now, I am down to 1-2 diet sodas, but I know I will NEVER again drink my calories. I like food too much!!
need2loseit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I will never go to Walmart again dressed like a person that could end up on the "people of Walmart" site!!!!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I no longer scarf down food directly out of the packaging. If I'm going to eat a little ice cream, I measure out a serving...not just grab the carton and a spoon and eat till I can't eat any more. Even things like grapes, measure out a serving and put them in a bowl, sit down and eat. Mindless inhaling of food...never again.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 258/146ish/146ish

Height: 5' 5

I wore the same clothes every day for days at a time. I would go through months where only one pair of pants fit. I was away at college without a car and an hour from clothing stores. For me, this was a fat behavior because my weight prevented me from wearing what was in my closet(I had other clothes, I just gained and couldn't fit into them). It was all wrapped up together with my low self-esteem. I didn't take much pride in my self back then and that is directly connected to my weight.
monmis12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I've forced myself to look at different parts of the menu instead of the meat/potatoes or sandwich/fries choices I always always gravitated to. I'm finding fun ordering salads, or grilled fish nowadays. I also realized that I don't like french fries nearly as much as I thought I liked french fries. I just always ordered them and have figured out that I've outgrown the need for french fries. I'm happier with asparagus or roasted veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposssa View Post
I quit sitting on the couch. Seriously, never do it. I bought a stability ball and I sit on it and do exercises if I watch DVRd shows. Sometimes, I march or jog in place, sometimes I do yoga or stretches on the floor or dance during the commercials. But, I haven't been a couch potato and haven't even sat on the couch since December.
I'll have to try that! I'm so addicted to my couch in the evenings, it's like the only way for me to relax. I'm calling bull*** on my need to do this. I have purchased a little mini stepper that fits under the couch that I can pull out but I can't spend too long on it. A stability ball is a really good idea! Occassionally I'll pull out my mat and do stretches/yoga if I didn't get to them earlier in the day.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #15  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

I have vowed to never again hide candy or evidence of having eaten candy. I should be able to be open about what I choose to eat. If I can't be honest about it, then something is wrong.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote