General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default My personal spa chef

I'm feeling miserable today - severe menstrual cramps, sore muscles from overdoing it at the gym yesterday and my normal pre-storm fibromyalgia flare, so when I asked hubby to go get me a chocolate covered banana from a local ice cream shop drive-through, he suggested that I let him make something unprocessed instead.

He used the blender and combined frozen strawberries and banana with coconut milk (the low calorie milk substitute in a carton, not the high calorie stuff in a can) with a bit of dark chocolate.

OMG - absolutely amazing for about 250 to 300 calories. Pure decadence (some protein powder probably should have gone in there too), but it was better than what I'd been craving - and it was a lot more filling than the frozen banana would have been.

Last edited by kaplods; 06-07-2013 at 10:25 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

Is he for hire? LOL j/k...My boyfriend tried to help me with my pms last week and ended up bringing back a bag of mini 3musketeers and a special k 100 calorie brownie bites. I felt so bad for him when he gave me puppy eyes and asked was he wrong for the 3musketeers (which is going to my nieces...temptation is a nightmare!) Guys can be soooo sweet! It's the little things that can make everything better. You've got an awesome hubby!! (Now I kinda want a strawberry smoothie!!)
Monkeyruler164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #3  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

Your hubby is seriously the sweetest for taking care of you when you're feeling down! His concoction sounds delicious!!!
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #4  

He is a sweetheart, though he swears that feeding me chocalate during "meat week" (TOM) is purely self-preservation.

We call TOM "meat week," because while I'm not vegetarian, I don't crave or go out of my way to eat red meat except during TOM.

Without birth control and diet changes my pms symptoms become pmdd (hubby used to call me werewolf, and joked that it wasn't safe to come into the apartment unless he threw in burgers and chocolate and waited until he heard munching). Before I encountered the term pmdd, I would tell doctors about my husband's use of the word werewolf or "pms on steroids."

The other day, hubby asked (knowing TOM was due), "Do we have enough chocolate in the house to keep you from going psychotic." That I laughed instead of ripping him a few new bodily orifices proves how far I've come from "werewolf" days.

He is awesome though. He's very blunt and a bit too free with sharing his opinions, but so am I. He's the kind of guy who would literally give you the shirt off his back.

And he is an absolutely amazing cook (he worked as sous chef in several high end restaurants).
Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow! If my hubby ever made me anything in the kitchen, I'd be completely stunned! He doesn't even know where anything is! Once he made me scrambled eggs and put cereal in it! Seriously?!? I often suspect that he does a horrible job in the kitchen just because he doesn't want to be asked again. It works!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #6  
No description available.

Good man, Mr. Kaplods.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

That sounds so good, have to steal the idea and give it a try. I'm sorry you're not feeling well.
Oh my..."hubby used to call me werewolf, and joked that it wasn't safe to come into the apartment unless he threw in burgers and chocolate and waited until he heard munching"...I laughed until I cried...
Your husband sounds like a good man.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #8  

Yeah I'm really blessed. He does more than his share of the housework, and this is the guy whose mother tried to talk me out of marrying because I obviously didn't realize how much of a jerk her son was.

To be fair, my own family has thought him a bit abrasive and even rude (and sometimes his personality annoys even me), but it's just his lack of tact (after watching Gordon Ramsey I almost wonder if it's a "chef" thing).

We actually have a house "rule" to avoid conversing until we've both dressed, taken our pain medications and have eaten, because hubby can't be civil while he's in pain, and I can't be patient with his abrasiveness until my meds have kicked in (we're both on disability for pain and mobility issues). At this point, he's more functional, but his condition is degenerative but mine may or may not be. It's very likely that at some point our roles will be reversed.

That may seem shocking, but hey we don't have to please anyone but each other.

Last edited by kaplods; 06-08-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

I've known two tactless chefs...this may be a trend. Well, better a tactless chef than a tasteless chef I suppose! And, if chef cleans up his own messes...that's a rare man.
Sounds like a smart rule to me! My idea of true love is understanding and communication like that. It's reasons like this I cannot fathom why people have affairs after years of getting to know their spouse. Why would anyone opt for awkward dates and fakey-fakeness when they already have someone that loves them and knows they fart sometimes. Bwhahaha!
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote