General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

Red face I have a stress test next week!

Due to some chest pain that I've been having lately, I'm booked for a stress test next Friday. Hilariously (...or not) I am stressed for this stress test! For me, anxiety often stems from the unkown.

I know this is a relatively routine medical test and I shouldn't be so anxious about it but I do suffer from an anxiety disorder and one of my techniques for processing these horrible feelings is research!

Has anyone ever had one before? What was it like? What did you wear? Any advice?

To be honest...I've never even used a treadmill before and I'm quite certain I will fall off it and land in a bundle of limbs cartoon-style!
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #2  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

I've never had a stress test but my husband has had one and had to wear a cardiac monitor for several weeks. Don't worry, just tell them you've never been on a treadmill before Just wear regular clothing, like you were going out for a walk.

BTW, I noticed your other thread, the chest pains could be caused by your anemia. You can look up the symptoms associated with iron deficiency anemia, whole bunch of stuff, including strange things like craving clay (?!) and "smooth tongue" (I actually had this myself when I was a teenager when my primary approach to dieting was starvation).
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNew Me View Post
BTW, I noticed your other thread, the chest pains could be caused by your anemia. You can look up the symptoms associated with iron deficiency anemia, whole bunch of stuff, including strange things like craving clay (?!) and "smooth tongue" (I actually had this myself when I was a teenager when my primary approach to dieting was starvation).
I had thought of that, though the low iron thing I think is a new development for me whereas I've had chest pain for about 8 months. I also have a hiatal hernia, esophageal problems, GERD because of those problems, and have had gallbladder attacks before. Could be any number of things and I so hate that! I'm happy to be able to rule out heart issues with this stress test though!

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote