General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/187/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
OKCupid is for 20-somethings who want to date and/or hook up

POF is for hookups with scumbags only

eHarmony, match are for people seeking serious relationships.
I've been on Match and there are a lot of guys looking for hookups there too. Still pissed off about the money I wasted for a subscription. I was surprised that anyone one would pay just to look for a sex buddy but I guess they do. I've had bad experiences with all of them, lol. Oh and POF was the worst (for me).
Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Wow - this info is very helpful. And very daunting

I hadn't even heard of some of the sites mentioned...shows how out of touch I am!

I am going to target a couple of sites in March and give it a try. I will go with "curvy" as so many suggested

Thanks!
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post

I am going to target a couple of sites in March and give it a try. I will go with "curvy" as so many suggested

Thanks!
Just FYI, 7 years ago when I went on Lava Life I was 175 lb and said I was "curvy". The guy I ended up with actually asked why I put curvy as in his eyes I was absolutely not curvy, I was "normal" and because I put curvy he thought I was going to be overweight. You can't win!
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #19  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreathingSpace View Post
Just FYI, 7 years ago when I went on Lava Life I was 175 lb and said I was "curvy". The guy I ended up with actually asked why I put curvy as in his eyes I was absolutely not curvy, I was "normal" and because I put curvy he thought I was going to be overweight. You can't win!
I will be over the moon if someone says this to me. I call myself curvy because even though I'm overweight, I have a very curvy shape. I just used very recent pictures and am going to hope for the best.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreathingSpace View Post
OMG, if you don't scoop him up I will
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
OKCupid is for 20-somethings who want to date and/or hook up
I'm actually having better luck with OKC. I've answered nearly 100 questions so the men messaging me are actually pretty good fits. Most are writing up to a paragraph in intro text which is shocking considering what I'm used to - "hey u", "wats up", "how r u", etc.

I already have a date for Thursday.

Quote:
POF is for hookups with scumbags only
I'm positive there are exceptions - one of which posted right after you, haha - but yeah, my experience with POF has been meh at best. The last guy to catch my attention lost interest after the third date, I'm assuming, because he didn't get sex so... Whatever!

Quote:
eHarmony, match are for people seeking serious relationships.
My problem with eHarmony is the cost. I know some may say, "Can you put a price on love?" The answer is yes, you can. It doesn't mean I'm not serious but I don't really want to commit to being on there for a year - which would be something like $12.95 a month - and if I commit for 3 months, it's something like almost $40 a month. So I'm hesitant, particularly because I don't want to get stuck on a site I'm no longer using and can't get out of... Although maybe I missed a detail somewhere about backing out if I find someone. =/
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #22  
Warrior Princess

EHarmony. By far.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #23  
Kiz

S/C/G: 179/152/120

Height: 5'2

I think if you are proactive, message guys you like the look of their page (not just the photo haha) then you have more chance of getting messages from the types of guys that you are looking for on any website. Too often I think women are too passive on inititating conversations online.

If you think of it like going to bar... on any given night the majority of the men in any given bar are not going to be your cup of tea... it's exactly the same, there are the players, the smoothe talkers, the guy next door the cute geek... ya know... they are all there. You just need to work out which ones are the keepers

My suggestion, email a bunch of guys you think are your sort of guys, write something you think is funny and very yourself. Go for the numbers, don't pin all your hopes on one guy initially. If they reply and it interests you then keep the ball going, and if they ask you out after a few messages and you think they seem ok then go for a coffee. No pressure, no expectations, it's jsut coffee

Choose the curvy option and put up quite a few pictures, full body and also face pics and you don't need to worry that they don't like your physique.
Kiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #24  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey, I met my hubby on POF! It's possible I actually talked to a few decent guys through there, although I admit I did have to ignore a lot of messages from super sketchballs. I agree with curvy as a descriptor along with accurate pictures - you're taller and weigh less than I do! I personally wouldn't use a paid site because I guess I feel like you're more likely to get desperate people there, who really CANNOT score a date outside of the internet... which I'm aware is totally unfair and doesn't represent reality! It's just my own bias. Whew, I'm so glad to be done with dating!
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 275/209/190

Height: 6'1

Honestly, I was using Zoosk last year. I went through talking to about 5 different guys before I found the right one. All those 5 guys turned out to be complete douche bags....Seriously....I've been with my boo for the past 7 months now and I am very happy. He may get on my nerves sometimes but.......That's a man for ya.
LadyP2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #26  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

I put curvy at 160's/5'3. I would NOT say that u are BBW if you are 5'8 and in the 180's, the low 180's at that.
SunnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #27  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Giving online dating a shot, wish me luck!
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #28  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Good luck!
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:43 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 153/146/115 (HW of 198)

Height: 5'2

I was in them all (match, lava life, pof). I never met anyone decent. I met my boyfriend at work and he was after me from day 1!
Bex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #30  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

If you are going to date and especially use a dating service you better get used to rejection! I have heard eHarmony is the best one and wish someone had told me before joining match because match dot com sucks! Just my personal opinion, lol
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote