General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: HW:280 CW:? GW:150

Height: 5 foot 5

Default Eating emory boards!

I am watching a show about a girl who eats emory boards. She sucks on them to soften them, scrapes the grit off and chews it and swallows it; then, she eats the paper. Shudder, shiver I know it is an addiction for her and I feel horrible for her but oh my heavens, the thought of that grit between my teeth!!!
tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Imagine what it is doing to her insides !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:06 AM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

My cat loves emory boards! LOL!

Was that on My Strange Addiction? People eat some weird stuff. The woman who ate Comet made me gag! Or the one who ate her couch cushions! Or the one who ate toilet paper all the time!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #4  

My cat loves them too, lol.
I watched one, i think it was my strange addiction, where a woman ate the cremated remains of her husband. I was really hoping she was lying just to get on t.v. It was so terrible to watch her eat out of an urn even if it was fake (please tell me it was fake) .
Old 10-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Oh my... that would cause my husband to throw up just watching it on TV. He hears teeth on silverware and about has a fit!

My sister and Mom have a habit of scraping their teeth on their forks. Occasionally my husband has to excuse himself from the table and recompose himself in another room.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Yeah nooooo that makes me shiver thinking about it
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/252/170

Height: 5'9"

I wonder how people get started on that kind of stuff.....
ThaRizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #8  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Oooooh ya I saw the one where the lady ate the ashes. I love watching those shows, makes me feel normal (even though I know I'm not), HA!

I used to eat chalk, and I had a brand preference (years ago, though). Didn't eat a lot of it, just a stick now and then -- I think I had a vitamin deficiency.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #9  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop View Post
Oh my... that would cause my husband to throw up just watching it on TV. He hears teeth on silverware and about has a fit!

My sister and Mom have a habit of scraping their teeth on their forks. Occasionally my husband has to excuse himself from the table and recompose himself in another room.
LOL! OMG, I would have so much fun messing with him! My husband goes bonkers when I pick at my teeth with a fork or knife (I know, I know) - so I do it more often I tell him I'm helping him overcome his issues my exposing him to the stressor more often
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #10  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
Oooooh ya I saw the one where the lady ate the ashes. I love watching those shows, makes me feel normal (even though I know I'm not), HA!

I used to eat chalk, and I had a brand preference (years ago, though). Didn't eat a lot of it, just a stick now and then -- I think I had a vitamin deficiency.
So did you actually crave chalk??? Did you like the taste?

I used to eat coins, but I think that was too see if I could actually swallow them
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

I have a friend that loves the taste of newspaper. She will tear off strips and chew it and sometimes swallow it. She also likes putting toilet paper in her mouth, she said she loves the feeling. I was so shocked by what she told me that I researched it and found out it is a disorder (disease?) called Pica. It is usually the result of an iron deficincy or a vitamin deficincy. Some people with these deficincies will crave odd items to eat. It can be as varied as dirt to paper products to cornstarch.

I passed along this info years ago but I don't think she ever told her doctor. She has moved on from newspapers to ice. She fills a Big Gulp size cup with ice and chews on it all day every day. I guess that's better than newspapers.

Last edited by Wisertime; 10-10-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Wisertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
LOL! OMG, I would have so much fun messing with him! My husband goes bonkers when I pick at my teeth with a fork or knife (I know, I know) - so I do it more often I tell him I'm helping him overcome his issues my exposing him to the stressor more often
Heh. I told my husband about it tonight and he freaked just thinking about it. lol
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I have watched way too many of those shows! There were two that I couldn't even bear to watch. One was the lady who thought that drinking her urine was going to cure her skin cancer. She said she "loves to drink warm pee" and her glass looked SO much like my favorite beverage of Dt Dew that I had to turn the channel. After a couple of minutes I flipped back through that channel and she was bathing in week old urine and giving herself a urine eye wash. wow.

Then, there was the guy on the eating addiction show who kept eating raw meat. I really couldn't watch that...slimy raw chicken right down the hatch. gag. blech. hurl.

Last edited by mariposssa; 10-11-2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: #hatetypos
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #14  

I saw the urine one too, It was so bad. Can you imagine the smell of weeks old pee sitting in a jar in the warm bathroom, then rubbing that on your face?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubolard View Post
I saw the urine one too, It was so bad. Can you imagine the smell of weeks old pee sitting in a jar in the warm bathroom, then rubbing that on your face?
Yeah! There must be a stench. I just can't even imagine "washing" in that, either. If you think of how a room can smell from a baby/child or pet accident; then imagine leaving it and using it to wash yourself. In my mind the whole house smells worse than a guy's locker room. blech.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote