General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-17-2012, 04:55 AM   #1  
Every step is progress.

S/C/G: 297/221/175

Height: 5'11"

Default Why is it *always* my size they're out of?

It never fails. I find a really cute skirt at LB and although I fit anywhere from a 16 to a 20 right now, all they had was 20 and a 16, the 20 seemed a bit big, and the 16 was tooo tight. It was a slightly impulsive buy.(okay, it was completely a compulsive buy) darn you scooter skirt!

I ended up buying the 20, because according to the online reviews, going to to the smaller size means going shorter. I cannot do shorter as it would become a miniskirt. I'm not sure I'm ready for that. I'm hoping that inevitably my mother (who can sew anything) can take in some of my clothes so they will last me through the summer. I just donated 5 trash bags of all of my 26 jeans and 26/28 tops to Goodwill, and I passed another huge bag of relatively new (some still had tags on them) clothes that are too large for me to 2 of my friends who are still working towards their weight loss.

A month ago, I was ecstatic to fit a 18/20. Now, I'm dreading the fact that my "new" clothes from a month ago are too loose I shouldn't complain, I should be so happy. I leave Monday for a cruise, and my family hasn't seen me in a year. I have a skirt that I bought as a 22, and I know its going to slip right off me. I haven't even worn it yet

I digress. When I was a 26, I could hardly ever find anything in my size. Now that I'm in a lower size, all I can find is 26's.

Am I going crazy? or has anyone else experienced this?
RandomPaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140?

Height: 5'7''

YES!!! I totally understand!

When I first started losing weight I was so excited to finally be in smaller sizes that I went a little overboard, lol. I bought a ton of new outfits at a much higher price point than normal for me. They were so cute, and smaller, and they fit! The problem is...now they're also way too big! I think part of my problem was that I didn't truly believe I would continue to lose. I've never really lost any significant amount of weight before so I just couldn't wrap my head around the thought of getting smaller more than once.

I have to take another large clothing donation in and re-buy more clothes that won't fall off as I'm walking. I'm thrilled to be in a smaller size again, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for in my new size either! It seems like there's an endless supply of clothes in a size or 2 too small, and even more options at my old larger sizes! What gives?!?

I know one thing for sure...this time I won't be spending as much, and I'll be looking for clothes that can be easily tailored to fit for at least a few months!
EmmaSqrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #3  
Too stubborn to quit.

S/C/G: 305/300/200

Height: 6'

I'm a 26 right now, and can't find my size to save my life. If I do, it's wonky. Either the legs are too short, the crotch saggy, or some other ridiculous thing.

I do live in a small town though. Then again, when I lived in Houston, I still couldn't find my size. :/
InkPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

This happens at all sizes!!!!!! It doesn't matter which size you need, its always the one that is gone ;(
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiL View Post
This happens at all sizes!!!!!! It doesn't matter which size you need, its always the one that is gone ;(
It happens to me all the time. Now I see my old size everywhere!!! Argh!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
It happens to me all the time. Now I see my old size everywhere!!! Argh!
LOL, I do too! Of course the irony is now I see clothes in my old size that I think are cuter than the ones in my new size
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:01 PM   #7  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

I know it feels like this is happening specifically to us, but in reality -- it means that size is one that is so common and popular that it sells out faster; or that they didn't order it in the first place.

PS ~ Oh ya, and when there are sales on; what you see is just what they had left after all the popular sizes were sold.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 06-17-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #8  
Every step is progress.

S/C/G: 297/221/175

Height: 5'11"

I just thought it was interesting as it certainly depends on what store I'm at. My usual LB I couldn't find 26's, When I was there a few months ago, I could find 26's but no 22s.

I tried one in a neighboring city as I was having lunch with a friend nearby and It was like a paradise of 18's, *everything* was available in my size.

Yesterday I was at a different LB, and it struck me that there was so very little in my size.

I used to think it was a curse that I had such a hard time finding my size. Now, its mildly a blessing, as I've found I've become a bit of a clotheshorse and I fear I would buy everything I found in my size.

I have noticed that I always find 14/16's regardless of where I go, so mebbe in a few months when I get there, they will be easier to find. *fingers crossed*

I'm not holding my breath.
RandomPaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #9  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I've actually had my best luck with sizes and cheap clothes at shopko. You're in Omaha I see, so I know you have those up there.

LB clothes were always so freaking expensive. I don't mind paying a lot for clothes if they're good quality but I've just never found anything there I was happy with.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 311/301/150

Height: 5"6"

I am currently a 26 too. I found that Torrid fits me much better than LB. I don't even shop for bottoms at LB any more.
trf0ster is offline   Reply With Quote