General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

The only thing I get any kind of jealousy over... is when I see really thin women eat whatever they want and not gain an ounce! I have friends like this.. and secretly I get a little jealous since I have to work hard every day to stay how I Am.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Where does the jealousy end?

There will always be someone thinner, with better teeth, glossier hair (and don't have to dye it!), blue eyes, good singer, money to buy fab clothes, huge house, fancy vacations...

Seems kind of sad there could be a lovely person that you just can't be friends with because they are thin and you aren't right now.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #18  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkM View Post
I totally agree about the boob jobs! My chest has been shrinking and I feel like the people who have boob jobs have cheated! I know I shouldnt are but I do and I would not spend my money on that!!
I am totally for surgery. If one has $ and the willpower to go through the pain, more power to them. It is their body after all, who am I to judge anyone? -- I would go and get a tummy tuck done, right now, if I was not so scared of the pain and recovery.

From my personal experience, I was definitely treated "worse" by fellow females when I was thin. More I gained, nicer these same women became. Sad -- Now that I am shrinking again, the same females are starting to act catty again.

The grass is greener on the other side of the fence, or is it?
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #19  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
I think women, in general, come at life with all sorts of random assumptions about each other. It's hard to throw that away!!!
You nailed it!!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #20  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
I agree!!! - because.... I cheated!!! And I did it ON PURPOSE!

I've NEVER been happy with my itty-bitties. I remember being 18, feeling like a 12 year old. I got so tired of padded bras, & really hated my flat chest. It looked "disproportionate" to my ample butt!!! But I've never had the money to get a boob job. I would have! If I could have afforded it!!!!... Then, when I was 42, I could afford it! So I did. I love them!! They're not "hu-mongo-boobs" & they don't look like little round basketballs ... they're a full C-cup, natural looking and natural feeling! - as opposed to my itty-bitty A-B's I had all my life that felt like two bee stings on my chest... Now my clothes fit better, I don't feel like such "a little girl" anymore, and I enjoy playing with them.

YES I PLAY WITH THEM! They're mine, I can play with'm if I wanna.
Hehe!! Loved your post!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #21  
Thin Girl in Training

S/C/G: 285.5/269.4/180

Height: 5'5"

I have always figured that everyone has their issues and that some of us have issues that are more visible than others. I can think of one thin friend of mine. She is a lovely size 6, and is really pretty, but she has anxiety issues that cause her to pull out her hair to the point of having bald spots. She can style her hair to hide that, but I can't hide an extra 80lbs.

I also think that its a waste of my time to be angry like that. I have a friend who is quite large and she has a chip on her shoulder about the above mentioned thin friend, and its her anger that makes her unattractive, not the extra weight.
chubbybunny29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:11 AM   #22  

I don't mind thin people, unless they are rude about my being fat. They don't mind me because, being fat, I am no competition.

That I am also 60 years old could be pertinent. Thin, young woman don't even see me because I am no threat on the radar and obviously feeble minded and past it. Thin old woman have enough to cope with without bothering with having to even take a fat, ageing woman into account.

What really annoys me is thin young men who are arrogant enough to think they have a right to say loud and appallingly rude things about me being fat and then laugh with their mates as if enjoying their clever and extremely perceptive wit.

I comfort myself with the fact that they will be old one day and, whilst they will not recall their stupidity, they will also have to deal with issues on the journey and learn some humility.

When I was thin I did not "see" fat. My dearest friend was obese and I only saw her as beautiful. She told me, in the end, that I did her a disservice because I never saw her and the difficulties she had with weight and therefore could not be relied on for support. I think this was a terribly sad end to the friendship. I guess, looking back, her issues with weight exceeding the value of my blind affection. So many of us truly want to be loved for who we are ... past all the physical bric brac. It broke my heart that that is exactly how I felt about her as a friend but it was just not enough.

Last edited by Sinoia; 04-27-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Sinoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #23  

To be clear: I don't have a problem with boob jobs - it's just not my thing. I also have a chip on my shoulder about peeps with the cutes little noses. I have a full size "heritiage" nose. I'm friends with all - those with no boobs, those with implants; those with big noses, those with natural cute noses and those with rhinoplasty. It's just that cosmetic surgery, for me, isn't my thing.

To each her own.

Back to the OP...

In my moring boot camp, a participant came up to me today to thank me for being "normal".

WHAT?

She said that it was a *major* issue for her to over come when she wanted to come to boot camp class but learned that *I* was teaching it.

She thought that I'd look at her and think she was too fat to do it.

WHAT??

What she was saying was that she now knows nothing could be further from the truth and I proved that by being normal. I didn't judge. I encourage all. I modify for any need. All without making anyone feel less than good.

It was a really cool compliment.

It also shows that there are some who judge and act differently based on someone else's size.

The truth is, for me anyway, I don't really think much about it because the person inside is what matters most to me.

Anyone else agree?
fitness4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #24  

Honestly, I have seen people of all weights insult others for their weight. I really haven't noticed this in higher proportion amongst thin people vs larger people, I've gotten insults from both, and towards people of any shape and size. I think its more due to feeling a need to be openly critical than anything else.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #25  
MUST COMMIT!!

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'9

I've kinda always been fat/large, so I just got used to others being smaller/shorter than me. ESPECIALLY since i have 0 fat friends. In fact, i get uncomfortable around fat people.. not sure why though
reallystruggling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #26  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

the only chip on my shoulder i have about my very skinny best friends is they are always calling each other fat and a cow..... then how must i look to them?!?!?!
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

I don't feel like I have a chip on my shoulder when it comes to thin people. I'm definitely jealous of them though, because I desperately want to be smaller.
I've never really felt judged for my weight. I'm not saying I haven't been, but I've never met someone and felt like they were judging me (though they definitely could have been). But I just spent a few days in Vegas and for some reason I felt almost the whole time I was there that I was being looked down upon because of my weight. I can't put my finger on exactly why, but it was a feeling I had my whole trip.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:41 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 146/138/120

Height: 5'2 1/4

I have jealousy, but not a chip. I sometimes look at someone so much smaller than me or with the proportions I want and get sad. In the heat of the moment that may turn to bitterness but I wouldn't call it a general chip. I think it has to do with your personal self esteem. If their pure existance being smaller than you causes YOU to compare yourself to them, then I could see how that could cause a chip...

I try and use them as motivation..."yea...that's how good I'm gonna look when I beat this weight!"
aleigh3890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I have been both 'skinny' (I mean really - 109lbs at 5'5) and overweight.

Yes, women will have an attitude when you are fairly thin. Not sure if they want to admit it or not, but they do. In fact, when overweight, I found myself having those same thoughts!!!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #30  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

I see women having a problem with a thinner woman mostly when they have a conspirator by their side.

It's some kind of remnant of Mean Girl syndrome.

When they're alone, no. Because there's no one to share with.

When they're with a friend, they've got an audience whom they want to entertain or bond with -- and they will say things.

I've been guilty of this myself, but not about weight. Because I've been everywhere from 104 pounds to over 247 pounds, I keep my mouth shut about other peoples' weight.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote