General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #16  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

my husband is not the romantic sort. i am the romantic sort. we're both aware of this difference, and made the decision, jointly, that he had to make some sort of effort three times a year. my birthday in october, our anniversary in may, and valentine's day. it might seem weird, but he likes knowing "okay... i need to be cheesy on these days to make the wife happy." on the flipside, he gets uncomfortable with anything romantic from me, so he's asked me to tone it down to those few days (plus his birthday!) so we're both happy and comfy with our 'romantic holidays.' it's weird, but it works for us.

i know he loves me without all the cheesiness. i see it every day in the little things (especially the fact that he takes care of the cats' litter box without argument because for some reason it makes me gag and i'm the one that wanted the cats). this year i'll be making him a special dinner and dessert of his choice and will enjoy it with him (calories don't count on valentine's day right?)... because most other days he's limited to chicken or fish and lots of veggies :P
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/170

Height: 5'11"

I've always loved it but, really only because it is also my birthday! My husband always does a very good job of making it a special night for me. I love any excuse to tell & be told how loved he/I am haha! And I'm always, always the one who is the cooker, cleaner, nurturer, planner, etc. So if I can get spoiled one night ... Heck yes!
FatToFitWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #18  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

we never go over-the-top on valentines day.
maybe send some cards to some friends but that's it.

it's not really different from the other 364 days we spend loving each other unconditionally, so we don't emphasize it.

the only day we put great emphasis on is our anniversary (which will soon become our wedding anniversary date as well) and that's really our only special day of the year.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I never really hated Valentine's Day, even when I was single...which was most of them. This year will be only my 2nd Valentine's Day with a boyfriend. I thought it was a cute holiday but never really gave it much thought when I was single. I don't expect a lot of money to be spent, but I do think it's nice to buy (or make) a small, meaningful gift to celebrate the relationship. My current bf was shocked to hear that I didn't expect a lot on V-day; most of his ex's treated it like it was more important than Christmas or something. I don't really get girls who have super high expectations on V-day. It's a cute holiday, but it's not the end-all, be-all of a relationship.
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:01 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 215/159/150

Height: 5'8

i see most of our best-halves are not really into valentines day
well, i personally am a romantic soul, so i actually like valentines day as a tribute to love in all forms. i often get something little for my parents, my pets and my boyfriend. it's not really about the presents, it's more about the care and thought one has put into what they are giving away on valentines day - even if it's cliche chocolates
even though my boyfriend is not really romantic, i think he's realied it means a lot to me, so he remembers, even though he never makes a big deal out of it. that's my job
aleksandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

After having worked in a floral shop for many years...I didn't care whether or not I ever got anything.I never wanted flowers,chocolate was nice,but not needed,lol...and I couldn't go out,because I was working and then so tired afterwards.I've been out of the business for 12 years or so now and I still don't mind either way if I get something or not.I do like getting flowers from time to time(just not roses),but I'd rather make a nice meal at home and enjoy the day just like any other day.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:16 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

My anniversary is today(13yrs) I made sure back then, Vday and Anniversary, were 2 separate holidays...lol Now, if we are together, we will have a night or 2 away somewhere or a great dinner at our favorite restaurant. He's military, and we have been apart for the last 2 years, so today and tomorrow will both suck. I dont want flower or candy sent me, cost too much. I just want him here with me, nothing else is important.
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #23  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I bought Passion Pit tickets for my valentine. I have all these stupid wishes for him to surprise me with flowers at work or something. I might try to pull a stunt like that for him tomorrow since I'm so nice.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #24  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

OMG! I could always send a V-day card to my crush who is a contractor thats works in my building and become completely humilated and rejected....kind of sounds like a plan! I don't know why that popped into my head as I read this thread. it's kind of a cute idea but....

I think it just depends on the douche I'm dating at the moment whether I like it or not...Luckily my period does fall on it this year so I'm not emotional about it...though a couple weeks ago I was ready to ripped every V-day teddy bears head off I saw.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 205/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

My DH and I have a standing rule: no cards, no flowers. I really don't like the idea of being forced to buy a card just because someone says its the right day to buy one... also I don't like the idea of my husband paying 3x for flowers just because its valentines day. If he is going to get me something I'd prefer something thats going to last more than a few days as well... every once in a while he surprises me with flowers but I don't expect them and am not disappointed if I don't get them... And if he did surprise me with flowers, I'd much prefer a mixed bouquet with daisies and stuff over red roses which are over priced and not as pretty in my opinion ...

I'm the same about going out to eat... I hate dealing with the extra people or the extra cost of going out to dinner just because its valentines... I'd rather cook something special... I do love to cook and one thing I love is an excuse to go the extra extra mile... Unfortunately my adult step daughter is currently living with us (total downer) and will be joining us for valentines dinner but I'm trying not to let that ruin the evening lol... I have a really nice menu planned and even printed up menus and am decorating the table etc.... from the lunch room chatter around my office, it sounds like a lot of people are staying home and making a special dinner....
LittleBrownBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #26  
Ted's Pants!

S/C/G: 223/223/150

Height: 5'5"

I love Valentine's Day! I don't think hubby and I are doing much for it this year. I bought him a silly card and I bought some pretty underwear for the occasion I'm making him chicken Alfredo for dinner (puuuuuuke! My least favorite kind of sauce is Alfredo sauce!). Other than that, we don't have much going on. I know that he knows tomorrow is V-Day but I don't know if he'll do anything. In the past he has gone the whole nine yards andgotten me cheesy stuffed animals and chocolates and flowers, but we'll see if he does that this year. The longer we are married, the less romantic he is!
BananaMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:49 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'9" Age: 19

I used to feel uncomfortable around Valentines Day, because I was always single. It passed me by every year, until I met my current boyfriend.

We're going to be spending our 2nd Valentines Day together. Our plans? To watch a movie and share a big cheeseball. :P

Valentines day isn't a big deal to us. Although I did make him a Valentine out of construction paper. I think it's pretty cute.
Ramra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

For a lot of years Angie and I, if we find ourselves together in a store that carries V-Day cards, pick one and give to the other...read them and say..."Thank-You Babe"...then we put them back....

Saves us about $10!

Then we go, most years and will tomorrow, to our favorite Italian place we go to on a regular basis....

and will be home before 7:00

Nothing that we don't do on a normal date night evening...

but I hafta say...

we like it like that

Last edited by EZMONEY; 02-13-2012 at 10:12 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #29  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Honestly EVERYDAY is Valentines Day 'round here! We celebrated Valentines this past wknd & had a nice dinner at a Mexican restaurant, as we wanted to beat the romantic rush! For Valentines Day tomorrow, I will make a nice one pot wonder roast chicken with potatoes, carrots & squash & bake an angel food cake with strawberries aka strawberry shortcake for dessert for 3 of us. I invited my MIL as she just lost her valentine recently after 63 years of marriage. Yup, Iza good DIL....
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #30  

Height: 5'5''

It's just another day for me. I'm currently single, but even when I was in a relationship during Valentine's Day, I didn't get excited over it. I'd rather get the "Valentine's Day treatment" on my birthday. I think Valentine's Day is more for women bragging to other women....kinda like how some women like to brag about weight loss. Not a jab at anyone on the message boards...I'm just recalling the times in my past when women would brag about how their husband/boyfriend bought flowers, candy, etc...almost as much as they brag about how much weight they've lost.....pre-Facebook days. LOL

Last edited by FreeBird3; 02-13-2012 at 10:58 PM.
FreeBird3 is offline   Reply With Quote