General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:16 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

As a frequent sufferer of BV, I feel your pain (but PLEASE get an accurate diagnosis).

One thing that has helped IMMENSELY is something called "Acid Jelly". BV is caused when the pH of our vagina's is off - Acid Jelly helps to regulate the pH and essentially prevents (does not cure) full blown BV. What causes your offset varies. As I said, please discuss with your doctor before making assumptions. My current doc had never heard of Acid Jelly so it's worth a mention to see if your doc has heard of it.

Link to some info about Acid Jelly:
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-1820...cid+Jelly+Vagl
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #17  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLindsay46 View Post
That's true. I just figured that this is what it is because I have all of the symptoms. I'm just so sick of dealing with this and from reading things online, it looks like a doctor will just prescribe an antibiotic, the symptoms will go away for a week, and then come right back. So, I thought that a home remedy would be the best way to go.
I think a home remedy is much more likely to cause the symptoms to go away and come back. Or just get worse. I think you should trust a doctor more than random suggestions from the Internet. (Or at least try the antibiotic and see what happens for YOU. Just because it happened to other people doesn't mean that will be your experience).

I was diagnosed with this once about 10 years ago (the doctor thought it could be just related to using shower poofs). They prescribed me an antibiotic, I took it, and the problem was gone. Mine was asymptomatic, they just discovered the bacteria through testing, so it wasn't really a "problem" for me per se.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote