General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #61  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I was in school with Margaret Attwood many years ago. The Handmaid's Tale is her best book, IMHO. The later ones seemed to get a tad too weird for me.

My Book Club is currently reading The Girl With The Pearl Earring which I'm enjoying mightily. I love peeking into lives in the past, especially in Europe. This one is set in Delft at the time of Vermeer and told by the servant girl who modeled for the famous picture which is sometimes called "The Dutch Mona Lisa".
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Love the Handmaid's Tale!

Just finished reading Night Strangers. Awesome start, supremely ridiculous ending. I was almost angry at the end of the book! Thank goodness I checked it out of the library and didn't buy it.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #63  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Love this thread, I get great ideas for new reads!!

Anyone read The Night Circus by Erin Morgensen? I did, and really enjoyed it.
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #64  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Finished Rescue by Anita Shreve, read Kill Alex Cross...James Patterson and Blue Nights by Joan Didion and now am reading A Vist from The Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #65  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

I'm reading "The Pillars of the Earth", I can't remember who wrote it but it's really good. It's set in the 1200's and told from several different points of view and that makes it really interesting.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Height: 5'7"

Finishing the Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest (the 3rd book in the Dragon Tattoo series) and next up is The Hunger Games and Stephen King's The Long Walk
My Kindle (whom I affectionately call: NerdFlow2 because my first kindle NerdFlow died a horrible death) is going to be the reason I am up to ears in debt. I cannot stay off amazon buying books, its so DARN FUN!
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #67  

Cool

Someone gave me a Kindle for Christmas but I haven't set it up yet. Wish I'd known that before I bought the hardback of 1q84 which is sitting on my pile waiting to be read. I recently finished my first Wallander mystery, "firewall" which I loved. I'm reading a book by Henning Mankell called "Italian Shoes." I thought it was another Wallander book but it's a novel about a Swedish surgeon who lives an isolated life after he makes a terrible mistake. It's very good.
I've read the Stieg Larsen trilogy and seen all the films. I've always been fascinated with computer hackers. Don't know why, since I have mediocre computer skills.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote