General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

I have the most amazing husband...I'm thankful for that every day.

Also, for the first time since miscarriage last month I've been able to think about trying to get pregnant again...and I'm starting to get excited. I think that maybe in a month or two we're going to start trying.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #32  

With more bad news today (our union rep telling us, and this is a direct quote, "you're going to get shafted" and that they "can't", read: won't, do anything to save our jobs, the fact we won't get a severence package or be retrained AND we could be out of work as soon as March), it's still hard to think of the positives. I haven't been sleeping well (a few hours a night), I cry nearly constantly even though my decision to move home was done before this happened, and I'm just generally stressed.

That said, I'm GRATEFUL that I take very little sick time because I have over 130 hours of it banked (which is more than I get for vacation every year) and I will be paid out 40% of it in cash (part of which will be taken for $(*%&%(&$^&*$)#%ing UNION DUES!!

*deep breath* Nonetheless, I am GRATEFUL for it because it IS a positive and means I *WON'T* have to try and move home with no money for the car payments or whatnot.

Small graces, I guess.
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:21 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

:hugs: You'll pull through. I'm sorry about work, that sucks.

But hey, small things add up. Just keep positive, that's all you can do.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #34  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I am POSITIVE that it is too darn cold and gray here today.

But on a really positive note...I got another gift purchased and am off on a quick vacation soon.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #35  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I love this positive thread. I just read the whole thing and it made me feel good. Thanks, everyone

Positive things for me:
I actually cooked an on plan dinner tonight!! I haven't done that in weeks.
I've been back on plan for 2 days
My husband just got the travel grant he applied for so we're going to Europe in spring!

Thanks again,
Erika
eusebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:28 AM   #36  
blah

S/C/G: 145/131.8/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowgirl View Post
With more bad news today (our union rep telling us, and this is a direct quote, "you're going to get shafted" and that they "can't", read: won't, do anything to save our jobs, the fact we won't get a severence package or be retrained AND we could be out of work as soon as March), it's still hard to think of the positives. I haven't been sleeping well (a few hours a night), I cry nearly constantly even though my decision to move home was done before this happened, and I'm just generally stressed.

That said, I'm GRATEFUL that I take very little sick time because I have over 130 hours of it banked (which is more than I get for vacation every year) and I will be paid out 40% of it in cash (part of which will be taken for $(*%&%(&$^&*$)#%ing UNION DUES!!

*deep breath* Nonetheless, I am GRATEFUL for it because it IS a positive and means I *WON'T* have to try and move home with no money for the car payments or whatnot.

Small graces, I guess.

that sucks but just try focus on positives only in this thread, it'll make you feel better
unpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:30 AM   #37  
blah

S/C/G: 145/131.8/115

I spent the last two days up the coast visiting family, it was good to see them again and I'm happy to have them in my life
unpretty is offline   Reply With Quote