General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-04-2011, 02:14 AM   #1  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

Default anyone else had a c-section........

and had problems with always looking pregnant no matter what you lose? i had a bikini line incision and it just seems like my dang stomach wont go away! it always looks pregnant and is kinda hard. my son will be 3 in september. idk if maybe itll look better when ive got to my goal or what. sooooo anyone had a post c-section tummy like mine and lost weight and their tummy is better? (not sure if this is the right place for this either :3)

Last edited by kimicat76; 07-04-2011 at 02:15 AM.
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:43 AM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Well, I have had a c-section and two VBACs. Yes, it affects the appearance of my lower stomach, as the muscles were sliced through for the surgery, but honestly it isn't much different (visually) than what most moms end up with due to carrying full term pregnancies. Diastasis (however minor) of the abdominal muscles, stretching of ligaments and skin, spreading of hips, etc etc, all contribute to a pouchy mummy tummy.

Losing weight helps, it deflates the area quite a bit (especially when you get to lower body fat percentages) and generally just leaves a little loose skin, but even with strength the underlying muscle issues creating the abdominal bulging often remain. That is dictated more by genetics than type of delivery, just like stretch marks.

All I can say, is that clothes hide it well and shape wear is my friend. I've had three children, all overdue and big, healthy babies... My body is going to tell that tale and I'm not ashamed of it! I don't look like the woman I was before children, because I'm not! It is a huge physiological event and it has left marks on my body as much as my heart
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

I think I read somewhere that over 90% of women who have babies end up with some form of lingering abdominal separation. The thing is, it does not heal unless you work on it and even then, some people need surgery (but that's for really extreme cases). Next time you go to your gyn, you could ask them to check yours. It's usually pretty easy for them to gauge the separation. There's a great book called "Losing Your Mummy Tummy" that deals with the best exercises to fix that.
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #4  
Gotta Lose to Win

S/C/G: 209/209/130

Height: 5'6

tysvm! i just dont see any difference from when i was 34 lbs heavier. it still pokes out like i was pregnant. but yes our bodies go through extremes while were pregnant and my son LOVED to hang out on my right hip haha. ty i will look that book up =)
kimicat76 is offline   Reply With Quote