General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #16  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaMaria View Post
Imagine that!

How well did you take unasked-for input on your eating and exercise habits when you were getting yourself up to nearly 300 pounds?
As far as the "unasked-for input" of his diet, most of the time i don't even talk to him directly about what i have been doing. A lot of my coworkers at my job are over weight and they ALWAYS ask me about what i'm doing. This guy is the type of guy who just jumps into a conversation uninvited and offers his input. He questions my way of diet/exercise so i question his.
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:34 PM   #17  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Wow!! What is up with all of the snarky answers?!! She just asked a question because she was curious. To the poster who started this thread, I did this for a little while, about a week or two and it did work for me. I ate a high calorie meal once per day but I have also binged and vomited and starved myself all day. It doesn't seem healthy but I guess it works for him. It worked for me a while but then I started getting hungry again. Now what I do is believe it or not, I have a higher fat meal at night and it keeps me very satiated so that I am not up at night looking in the fridge or cupboard. I used to eat lighter meals at night and during the night I would be in the kitchen trying to find something to snack on which usually would lead to me binging on going off plan so I will eat a higher fat/calorie meal and it's fine.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #18  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

LuvMyMr: thanks for the post! When you ate the higher cal meal once a day, what types of foods did u eat? Also, did it make u more energized? I'm just curious.
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 152/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

I don't think it's a good idea because your body will get used to that, and if you start eating normally again you will gain weight
pointless2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 02:25 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointless2011 View Post
I don't think it's a good idea because your body will get used to that, and if you start eating normally again you will gain weight
IF is not a weight loss method. It can help you lose weight by managing calories, but it does not mean you cut meals out of your day. Going back and forth between IF on some days and not IF on others doesn't make you gain weight, it only allows you to reap the IF benefits on days you IF, and not reap the benefits on days you don't IF.

OP, I do IF when I can (I lift in the mornings so I eat protein soon after that, meaning I can't IF on those days) and I really do like it. I've sometimes eaten 1 meal a day and it is great. Only eating once a day paradoxically means you get fuller faster when you do eat. I would make a big, nutritious meal and eat it slowly, getting full around 1000 calories or so. I'd try to get in smaller snack an hour or so later to ensure I was intaking the full range of nutrients I needed and that was it. It made it very easy to stay within my caloric intake range.
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:10 AM   #21  
banned

My husband and I IF alot, but not because we are dieting. Our food money for the month is pretty small, small enough that we can't eat three meals a day each the whole month, so most of the month is spent eating only one or two meals a day (two meals near the beginning of the month and one meal near the end).
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:51 AM   #22  
is chubby

It is perfectly fine to eat that way for WEIGHT LOSS.

It is near impossible to eat as healthily as one should this way though.

For many people weight loss does not equal healthy living. An example are near anorexic crash diets, high protein diets, one-food diets, bellow 1100 calories diets etc. They all will make you lose weight and they all will make you less healthy (in the long run compared to ballanced eating).

A friend of mine lost 70 pounds by eating a choc bar and diet coke every day. Yeah she lost weight... and hair.
Chubbykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #23  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I think he'll figure out what works for him. It takes a while to get on your feet when you start trying to diet and lose weight.

There's nothing wrong with eating one big meal instead of 3 squares or 6 snacks or whatever, but it's always better to eat "real" food!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #24  
banned

Agreed, krampus.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #25  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbykins View Post
A friend of mine lost 70 pounds by eating a choc bar and diet coke every day. Yeah she lost weight... and hair.
Impossible. Not enough sodium to sustain life. She would have died if she actualy follow this diet.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #26  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzJuicyD View Post
LuvMyMr: thanks for the post! When you ate the higher cal meal once a day, what types of foods did u eat? Also, did it make u more energized? I'm just curious.
I ate a meal from KFC or something like that. I would find out how many calories and fat was in a fast food meal and would do that. Now what I do is on my program now I can have fast food. Such as chicken wings from kfc. I can have two of them so I would do that. Eat two of them and half a biscuit and some corn and a little cole slaw. It keeps me full at night because I had bad issues where I would be hungry and start nibbling and that's never good. Last night I had two taco bell tacos, the regular ones one cup of milk. (I measure out everything) and I was just fine. It seems to me now that having higher fat and higher calorie foods at night work for me and I am not up nibbling on cookies or chips or crackers. When I did the one meal, I did burger king big sandwiches and fries. Now actually if you look at mcdonald's food, they give you the calories on the food packages!! I can still eat fast food and lose weight. I do the high calorie night eating often and it works for me. I stay in bed and sleep well. I stay on my program with the food which is what keeps me losing weight but I want people to know that you can have higher calorie foods and lose weight too!
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:38 PM   #27  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I like breaking my meals into smaller portions just because I'm a snacker. I get bored, I eat. This way I don't go over on calories. I also changed my snacks. I'll get a sliced apple for a snack or carrots now instead of chips or such. I don't think I'd last one meal a day...

I do a fasting/detox thing every 6 months though and it's so hard to get through, but TOTALLY worth it. I feel a mile and a half more hydrated, clean, light, and energized when I do it.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote