General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #31  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

Is anyone following Design Star on HGTV? That's my next fave! Tonight is the white box challenge!

Last edited by Slim CB; 07-18-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #32  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim CB View Post
Is anyone following Design Star on HGTV? That's my next fave! Tonight is the white box challenge!
Yes. Why don't you start a thread for us?

I'm surprised that Penny went home. We thought they'd keep her for the ratings boost. I wonder what she'll think of herself when she sees how they've presented her.

Vic is still impressing me. However, I think they are trying to gear the voting towards Suzie much like they did Aarti for her Indian food. I don't watch Aarti's show because I don't like Indian food. She is a very nice likable person but I just won't bother with fixing her food so I don't watch.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

I agree...so far I think it'll be Susie and Vic. I'm thrilled Penny is gone...on TV you can fake good food, but if your personality is abrasive and unlikeable, there's nothing that can save you.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #34  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim CB View Post
I watched the white box challenge.

I missed the first show.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 289/274/147

Height: 5'7"

I have to FF through parts of both of these shows. I just find the hosting segments make me cringe. I know they're all beginners and they'll get better but I'm so embarrassed for them!
98DaysOfSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #36  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I'm surprised that Vic stumbled this week. He was starting to come on so well. I'm not surprised that Jyll went. Is it just me or do we NOT have a unit that is as cohesive as previous seasons?
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:02 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

I agree this batch of contestants is weaking than previous seasons... The judges are really rooting for Suzie and Vic. I'm hoping the Sandwich Guy pulls it together! He was great on Rachel's show.
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #38  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Was it the sandwich guy who said ' now that Penny and Chris are gone all the drama went with them, now its just the contenders?'

I feel that the contestants are starting to crack. Jyll brought out the 'comfort food with Cal twist" Suzie said she was trying to make Mexican food elegant, both of which the judges commented they had never heard them say before. Whitney can't say anything about herself {My brother is a firefighter, I can talk about him...}, and she served a copy of Ina's own recipe to her, she couldn't think of anything original to do? Vic's lasagna in a tortilla??? That doesn't even sound good to me.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, there were some real doozies this week. I couldn't BELIEVE Whitney made Ina's own cupcake. This is "me in a cupcake." No, that's Ina in a cupcake. I was diasappointed no judge called her on that.
And that lasagna in a tortilla -- was that for real???? That's like state fair food! Belongs in the line with the fried candy bars and the hot dog stuffed in a potato!
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote