General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

View Poll Results: Innocent or Guilty?
Innocent 1 1.32%
Guilty 74 97.37%
Not Sure 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2011, 12:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I haven't been keeping up with it lately, last I recently heard was she said the baby drowned in a pool. The story is always changing, she's lied and didn't report her kid missing for a month so I think she is guilty or atleast knows what happened.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:54 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 322/ticker!/175

Height: 6'1"

lol love that its all guilty votes in here! ugh, shes just so slimy!
fullofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #18  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Nothing will be more disappointing to me if this winds up being a repeat of the OJ trial.

So guilty!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #19  

the guy that found the remains is a meter reader. That is why he was in the neighborhood.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

I saw an interview with a private investigator (?) who said mom Casey was in the habit of giving the child xanax so she could go out partying. Apparently called that "nanny xanny". This is close to the name of the alleged nanny she supposedly left the child. This then lends enough of Casey's brand of truth to her statements to police.

When she ran out of Rx drugs, she got hold of chloroform which she didn't have experience handling.

Has she ever detailed who the father is?
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #21  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Ugghh. She just grosses me out. There is NO WAY she wasn't involved in this, and she's such a slimy person.

However, I do hate all the comments with people giving armchair psychology from people who have no idea what they're talking about. No, being bipolar does not make you likely to kill someone. Neither does having borderline personality disorder, or any other mental illness. It's a slap in the face to anyone that IS struggling with mental illness to imply that, and it just makes the stigma worse, as well as giving her an excuse. If she IS mentally ill, she didn't kill her daughter because of that, she killed her because she is HORRIBLE PERSON.

Not that anyone here was doing that, but it just drives me nuts.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #22  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama girl View Post
Ugghh. She just grosses me out. There is NO WAY she wasn't involved in this, and she's such a slimy person.

However, I do hate all the comments with people giving armchair psychology from people who have no idea what they're talking about. No, being bipolar does not make you likely to kill someone. Neither does having borderline personality disorder, or any other mental illness. It's a slap in the face to anyone that IS struggling with mental illness to imply that, and it just makes the stigma worse, as well as giving her an excuse. If she IS mentally ill, she didn't kill her daughter because of that, she killed her because she is HORRIBLE PERSON.

Not that anyone here was doing that, but it just drives me nuts.
She's not mentally ill. She's just an extreme narcissist.

If the baby actually drowned, why carry on like that for a month and then run police around like that with the lies? IF that were the case, she wouldn't be in half the trouble she is in now. All she ever had to do was report the accidental drowning. The defense knows there is no real defense for her actions and they are grasping at straws with their incredible story. I am half-expecting them to keep shifting the blame around until they end with "the devil made her do it."
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

I believe narcissists, (like this one, OJ, Pam Smart, the one from Small Sacrifices, the Smith one who drowned her kids.....on and on) definitely have a mental illness, that does not mean everyone with a mental illness is capable of murder. Categories can be both confusing and misleading. All women are part of mankind; no man is part of womankind.......... All robins are birds; not all birds are robins.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #24  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaM View Post
I believe narcissists, (like this one, OJ, Pam Smart, the one from Small Sacrifices, the Smith one who drowned her kids.....on and on) definitely have a mental illness, that does not mean everyone with a mental illness is capable of murder. Categories can be both confusing and misleading. All women are part of mankind; no man is part of womankind.......... All robins are birds; not all birds are robins.
I can agree with that... she definitely behaves narcissistically, and I think your statement is close to what I was thinking and just couldn't quite express it. I just got frustrated reading the comments on news sites where people were like "Well she OBVIOUSLY has bipolar disorder" or something like that. I just think it's dangerous to stigmatize everyone with a mental issue as a potential murderer.

Last edited by bama girl; 06-03-2011 at 04:30 PM.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 190/167/140

Height: 5'2"

And, I should have added, it does not mean that all narcissists are capable of murder. We have probably all had the misfortune to know people who only care about themselves, who do not see beyond their own nose, who are ME, Me, Me, people; yet certainly not murderers.
MonicaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #26  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Most people aren't dangerous, most people with mental illness aren't dangerous. Not all dangerous people are mentally ill, but some are. Mental illness can be a contributing factor in some crimes, but it's not a defense unless her illness prevented her from understanding right from wrong. That she tried to cover up her actions, implies she understood that what she did was wrong.

What concerns me about this case, is that no one (at least not successfully) stepped in sooner to stop this. There were warning signs all over the place, and it seemed that the people closest to her helped her cover up her actions - both before and after the child's death.

Her parents and friends should have gotten Social Services involved. They may not have appreciated how dangerous the situation was, but from what has come out in the news, a lot of people knew some very strange and inappropriate things were going on.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #27  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

She is a pathological liar. Leading the cops to Universal Studios with the lie that she works there was yet another one.

She does not deserve to have any more children. I wish there was some way to prevent that. I truly believe that she will go to prison. However, she could get pregnant while in there. It's been known to happen.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #28  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaM View Post
And, I should have added, it does not mean that all narcissists are capable of murder. We have probably all had the misfortune to know people who only care about themselves, who do not see beyond their own nose, who are ME, Me, Me, people; yet certainly not murderers.
This particular narcissist apparently crossed over into sociopathy like the other ones previously mentioned so in that case they aren't common narcissists or even comparable to many extreme narcissists that may be out there not killing people everyday, though they often cause people emotional and monetary harm. Mental illness or personality disorder, whatever you call it, they begin to disregard not only people's feelings and property but also people's lives. But yeah, I am not up for giving extreme narcissists or sociopaths a break for the crimes they commit under the guise of their "condition" being lumped in with that of say a schizophrenic in a manic state. In that regard, personality disorder fits better. It's not that they don't know better, they just don't care about anything or anyone else except for themselves. People want to believe that no one would be that way unless they are ill but unfortunately the only thing that does is give a narcissist another excuse for their behavior.

She has a pretty interesting but common profile. Here's two articles by Dr. Deborah Schurman-Kauflin who profiled the BTK killer.

http://www.momlogic.com/2008/11/case...minal_mind.php

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_...er-says-c.html

Last edited by 4star; 06-03-2011 at 06:49 PM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 208(preg)/179/135?

Height: 5'3"

I want to jump on the whole mental illness cases, I do believe that Yates lady was truly mentally handicap when she killed her children in the bath tub. I also think her husband at the time was just as guilty for his children's deaths due to his lack of intervention. I am not condoning her actions, however I do think her mental illness pushed her over the edge to kill her children.
ryeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #30  
ugggg.....

if she didnt want to be a mother why didnt she give custody to her parents, the biological father or his parents....
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote