General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #46  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

milmin- OH MY LANTA-

let me put it out there that i don't believe in organized religion, i believe in God, just not in the judeo-christian sense, more in the universe, higher power sense.

your sister is totally off her rocker. and out of line. sorry for being so blunt.
first of all, to have parkinsons, and be where you're at today is amazing. seriously. and i'm sure you're grateful for everything and everyone in your life. and you're kicking butt at losing weight. you're amazing and an inspiration to all of us here !!! for your sister to even imply that you brought that on to yourself in some way is incredibly insensitive, rude and disrespectful. and after everything you've done for her? oh no. she's not being a very good christian, i would have thrown that in her face ages ago. but i can be a spiteful beast sometimes...
for her to also contact your son is also over stepping her boundaries. maybe talk things over with him so he knows where you're coming from or what the situation is?
i don't have siblings, so i can't say how i know how it might feel not having a sibling in my life, but i would seriously take a look at how having this type of person in my life will benefit me. it seems as though it will just add stress and hostility at this point. the fact that she mentioned that she is really taking this on as a mission and a crusade almost is alarming. you might have to put your foot down and tell her to hit the road. its great that she got her life "together", but don't let her make yours stressful, not after what you've been through with your health. she needs to be your sister- respect you, love you, support you and be there for you and hold your hand. not save your soul to make herself feel better for the past or whatever it is she is trying to do.
oof. sorry this was soooo long. again, i would really tell her to back off, and that if she can't respect your wishes, then she needs to not be around. difficult, yes, but how much stress is this causing you now? is it worth it? hash it out, think about it.
again, you're an inspiration to all of us, and much much love and light to you

Last edited by fillupthesky; 01-28-2011 at 03:01 AM.
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:58 AM   #47  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

I'm going to say Karma is going to be a really b!tch when it turns around and bites her in the ***. I'm sorry you have to go through with that and the fact she's now went too far in contacting your son.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #48  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Geesh. Your son should block her emails too!!
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #49  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmin2043 View Post

She had 2 abortions when she was a teenager. I honestly feel that now that the drug and alcohol haze has been removed from her life, she is feeling absolutely horrible about it and is putting all of her efforts into finding something else to concentrate on to move her thoughts away from it.
Before you even said that, that was my suspicious as well. Just to let you know, I'm an atheist as well (I guess open to the idea, but jesus would have to sit in my living room and have coffee with me for me to change my mind). My mom is a hardcore evangelist. Her constant berating about my lack of belief really wore me down too. It was one of the many reasons I completely stopped talking to her.

Like you, she kept babbling on and on and on and drove me insane until I finally told her I don't believe in God. She used to tell me my boyfriend was now going to go to **** and my future kids would burn for eternity, and just all this horrible stuff. I tried telling her repeatedly I didn't want to talk about it, and that I was an adult and I could make my own decisions, and it's not that I didn't KNOW about Christianity, I just didn't believe in it. SHE WOULDN'T STOP!

The worst part is, I was the one that started getting her to go to church. I was like 10, and she was a drunk and depressed and I just wanted something that we could all do as a family. I just wanted to belong somewhere. Blah, huge mistake. She's still a huge drunk, and used to spew hurtful things to me all the time, but hid behind her shroud of Christianity. She knew she was going to heaven. And I really think a lot of her obsession was the fact that she felt bad for doing a piss poor job of raising my brother and I. But, whatever.

I just wanted to say I completely, 100% understand where you're coming from. I went through the exact same thing. I cut my mom out of my life and to be honest, I don't really miss her. But I had more reasons than you to do it. But if you do need to cut her off for a while, don't feel bad. You really need to look out for yourself and your kids.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote