3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Remember cassettes??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/220272-remember-cassettes.html)

Meggie Girl 01-06-2011 05:10 AM

My first cassettes were ABBA and Elvis. I actually found them the other day in a box of stuff that I had left at my parents' place. Don't know if they still work. The humidity does awful things to tapes. It's good to go down memory lane sometimes.

A friend of mine had to explain LPS to her 7 year old. She said that they were like CDs. I don't think the child believed her.

Ookpik 01-06-2011 10:31 PM

I remember, years ago, my brothers and sisters and I were listening to records and showing our young nieces how a record player worked. They examined it like it was some relic unearthed from an archaeological dig (funny I thought of that because one of those nieces is working on her degree in archaeology).

energie 01-07-2011 12:04 AM

I remember when me and my sister use to record songs off the radio with a blank cassette tape. Now that was cool kid stuff :) haha. I can't believe that was only like 13 years ago. Wow times have really changed. My first cassette was Monica's single "Don't take it personal" . Oh man I miss the 90s. :(

BreathingSpace 01-07-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by energie (Post 3638333)
I remember when me and my sister use to record songs off the radio with a blank cassette tape.

I used to record songs off the radio too. And you had to get the moment just right so that you got as much of the beginning of the song as possible without recording the DJ's voice. Good times.

I also remember physically marking with a black marker on the cassette where a certain song was so I wouldn't have to fast forward/rewind so much to find it.

I still have tons of cassettes, but no tape player to listen to them. I even still have the cassette where I recorded my 4 year old brother "singing" The Heat is On by Glenn Frey.

I love our technology and all, but sometimes just wish for the simple days of records, tapes and rotary telephones.

~BreathingSpace~

Shopaholic1204 01-07-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by energie (Post 3638333)
I remember when me and my sister use to record songs off the radio with a blank cassette tape. Now that was cool kid stuff :) haha. I can't believe that was only like 13 years ago. Wow times have really changed. My first cassette was Monica's single "Don't take it personal" . Oh man I miss the 90s. :(

I used to do that all the time. I remember around the time Titanic came out, the DJ would play "My Heart Will Go On" around a certain time. But, it would have some of the dialog from the movie in the song. I remember flying out of bed to record that version on tape, lol!! I also taped a radio interview with Leo too, lol!! Of course, I rarely listen to the radio, unless it's in the car. And then, it's only Series XM.

ADelish 01-10-2011 12:43 AM

hehe i'm pretty sure i had The Backstreet Boys on cassette, it was cheaper than a cd, and it's all i could afford with my allowance!