3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Remember cassettes??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/220272-remember-cassettes.html)

drake3272004 12-23-2010 09:23 PM

I cried when I lost all my 45s in a flood :( Lost those and a couple yearbooks from junior high, had them stashed away and forgot to grab them when we got evacuated. :(

Pretty sure my kids woulda gotten a kick out of them, they were pretty excited when we found books on record at a garage sale. The whole Gremlins series on record, too bad we don't have a record player!

GreenTeaYum 12-24-2010 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 (Post 3618373)
I still love them. A friend & I are going to see them (and BSB) twice next year.:carrot:

Oh my gosh- are they still doing concerts?? that would be a blast to go see them!

Shopaholic1204 12-24-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenTeaYum (Post 3618559)
Oh my gosh- are they still doing concerts?? that would be a blast to go see them!

Yes, they are going on tour with The Backstreet Boys. The tour starts next summer. :carrot: My friend & I are going to the NJ & Philly shows, lol!

MiZTaCCen 12-24-2010 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 (Post 3617909)
"I saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign"

"Life is demanding, without understanding"

haha omg I loved that song!!!

katkitten 12-24-2010 04:18 PM

haha! i was obsessed with Donnie. I was in an antique store the other day and they were selling 8 tracks...i said..."i remember having those!" and got a wierd look from my younger friend.

Eruanna 12-25-2010 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 (Post 3618373)
I still love them. A friend & I are going to see them (and BSB) twice next year.:carrot:

I'd love to see them both in concert together :) I remember being so excited when a friend and I managed to convince BSB security to let us into a sound check lol

I've started using tapes again - my car cd player broke so I was left with only the tape player. I hunted out some old mixed tapes from the early 90's. I still remember all the words :)

Shopaholic1204 12-25-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eruanna (Post 3619116)
I'd love to see them both in concert together :) I remember being so excited when a friend and I managed to convince BSB security to let us into a sound check lol

I've started using tapes again - my car cd player broke so I was left with only the tape player. I hunted out some old mixed tapes from the early 90's. I still remember all the words :)

Haha..that's funny!! I still have all my burned cds. I got all the songs off of Napster, back when it was free. Ahh..the good days.

Our car doesn't even have a tape player. It has a cd/dvd player..and a connector for the ipod.

Shopaholic1204 12-25-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katkitten (Post 3618929)
haha! i was obsessed with Donnie. I was in an antique store the other day and they were selling 8 tracks...i said..."i remember having those!" and got a wierd look from my younger friend.

Isn't it funny that 8 tracks, cassettes, & VHS tapes are at antique stores now? I still have a few VHS tapes. Titanic, Grease, & Dirty Dancing.

lizziep 12-26-2010 03:10 PM

i remember getting my first walkman - it was in my easter basket when i was about ten years old. and with it was new kids on the block!!! :D
i also really loved my Roxette tape. and Debbie Gibson.

my little brother had that fisher price tape recorder thing. man i hated that. haha.
oh! i also just remembered those books that came with tapes? so you could read along while someone told you the story. i went to sleep with those every night when i was a kid.

Sassy_Chick 12-30-2010 11:38 AM

My first Cassette Tape was Michael Jackson -- Thriller and I still have Records at my Moms from my childhood! Talk about Retro!! lol

Ookpik 12-31-2010 12:10 AM

My first cassette was "Meatloaf: Bat Out of ****", but I do remember the Christmas I got a Walkman and Michael Jackson's "Thriller". I listened to that Walkman non-stop (things haven't changed much twenty-eight years later -- I am listening to my iPod right now and listen to it all the time) and I had to change the batteries every couple of hours or so!

Lady Stardust 01-03-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen (Post 3617788)
yea! My first cassette tape ever was Ace of Bace - haha awsome...

Mine was Mariah Carey when she rocked the curly hair! I also did dance recitals to Mariah Carey and Ace of Base (Dreamlover and I Saw the Sign, respectively).

lizziep 01-03-2011 08:08 PM

haha lady stardust- my campfire troupe was in a talent show and we did a dance routine to Hangin' Tough. ah the bad old days. hahaha.

BettyBooty 01-04-2011 04:02 PM

I remember listening to Huey Lewis & the News and Blondie tapes in the car when I was a kid, then Bon Jovi and Poison tapes on school trips when I was a tween. I still have a few tapes b/c my junk-car is a 1999 and has a tape deck!

GabrielleEmersyn 01-06-2011 02:29 AM

haha I had that too!

I also have a NKOTB CD in my car ;)