General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I would've told that woman to keep her horrible thoughts to herself, and that she has no right to disparage a toddler like that, let alone around other kids. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter, and I would never, EVER tell her she's fat! She's still a baby for pete's sake!!!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #17  
Funsized Fiesta

S/C/G: 230/144.5/130

Height: 5'4"

As somebody who grew up being constantly told she had to lose weight by her mother (albeit not quite from that young of an age), I really, really hope somebody talks some sense into that woman. I just want to give that poor little girl a hug.
KenzideRhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:31 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 375/365/225

Height: 6'0

If you haven't already you should say something to her the next time she says something horrible like that to her toddler. She is a disgusting person to do such a thing.

If you don't feel comfortable confronting her you should tell an instructor. I would be tempted to tell the instructor that I wouldn't want my child in that kind of atmopshere if they didn't talk to the awful mother.

*shakes head* I just don't get what's wrong with people! My friend babysits a nearly 3 year old and the mother basically wanted to put the kid on a diet! This little girl looks like any other average 3 year old. She's not obese for her size or rail thin, she's just right.
thealbino1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:37 PM   #19  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I had the same thought, to tell the teacher. Maybe this is stuff the woman heard all the time from her mom and does it almost unconsciously (yuck!). The other part of this is that the other kids hear it, and they're like sponges. That's still so young I'm not sure how much they'd understand, but doesn't sound good. Try talking to the teacher about it.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #20  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

unfortunately my opportunity to say anything directly to the woman or find out who she is to report her to cps are gone. She wasn't a regular in our class. She was doing a make up class for her daughter from another day. I didn't bother to get to know anything about her because I didn't want to know her.

The coach most definitely heard the comments. The woman was loud with her comments and some were during our circle time (like the song). I wouldn't expect the coach to do or say anything to the mom. I find that they are very hands off sometimes unless there is a chance for physical harm (rough housing during practice- boys) or kids disrupting the others.
ebb&flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #21  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

Even though I'm at a weight that many would consider quite low I have a negative body image and feel much larger than I am. I think these feelings are the direct result of early childhood experiences where I was called fat or told, either directly or by implication that I needed to lose weight.

When I was three years old I was in a ballet class. I wasn't fat but I was very short and had a squarer stockier build than the other little girls in the class so I looked fat compared to them. I remember the teacher poking my stomach and pinching my thighs and telling me that I would never be a dancer unless I trimmed down. I was three freaking years old! I didn't stay in that class long because I wasn't all that interested in being a dancer (I only went because my cousin did) but the negativity regarding my body that I picked up from the instructor has lasted till this day.

Is it any wonder that my stomach and thighs are two of my most despised body parts and deep down I feel like I will never be thin enough?
Magrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 258/238/135

Height: 5'6"

Default :(

sometimes do you just ask yourself "what is wrong with people?"

i don't know if any amount of talking to her would help. But i will hope that little girl grows up OK!

-fm
foodmasochist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #23  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I would have turned it back on the "mother". Seriously, I know I would have said something like, "Children learn what the live...If you keep feeding her crap, she'll surely have an issue in the future."
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote