General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #1  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Default And just when you thought it was safe to drive, some idiot comes out with this...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Well, all that time and energy spent making it illegal to drive while texting seems like such a waste. I'm honestly not sure if this product is an elaborate joke or not, but it seems like a horrible, horrible idea. I was just looking through Amazon and it caught my eye- I thought to myself, "they can't be serious."

Comment:
"Wow is this thing great! I use it as a "mini-bar" when the friends and I go out to the bars. I can quickly fix multiple shots of tequila for myself and the friends as we drive from one bar to the next. We also discovered that if you place a pillow on top of it and turn on the cruise control you can catch quick naps on the interstate. If you swerve to the left or right the rumble strips on the road wake you up in plenty of time before you get into trouble. I can now take longer trips without being tired! "

Whaaaat?!

Comment:
"This is so COOL!!!

I balance a ball on mine and try to keep it from rolling off the edge while driving by tilting the wheel back and forth and using the gas and brake. I must do this well as everyone around me honks with encouragement."

Hahaha!

Comment:
"My 16 year old daughter just got her license a few weeks ago. Since then, she's been going out for drives a lot after school. Unfortunately, all the time spent in the car for her has meant less time for homework. Her grades have noticeably slipped, but instead of taking away her car privileges, I bought this steering wheel desk. It's perfect for young drivers with heavy academic loads! Now she can work on her homework and still be out driving, improving her road skills and staying on top of her grades. I couldn't be prouder and would encourage all parents with new drivers to set their kids up with this super-portable work station! "

Ok.... Now I'm SURE this has to be a gag, right?
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #2  
No description available.

The comments are absolutely hilarious and almost certain to be spoofing or tongue-in-cheek.

The product itself is not meant to be used while driving, per the information given. I can see if someone works out of their car all day, it might be nice (ie home health care) to have some kind of tray or desk.

But, yeah, the comments are too funny. Hopefully, they are all joking, but I think they are.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #3  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

ok. either it's not really real. or it was only meant for like if you need to use your lap top in your car, but i still don't see why you would need it really. you could just sit in the back or go in a cafe. and those other comments are all just so bogus. none of them can be true. it sounds like just pranks. even the mom. really? hw while they are driving?
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 184/150/130

Height: 5'2

I am sure this is an elaborate joke. "There is one problem though. In several accidents that I have had whilst using this, the airbag causes the laptop screen to slam shut. I've suffered several broken fingers because of this. I have started to look around for airbag finger protection but have not yet found any... ." Although it is meant to be a joke, I could imagine some idiot actually attempting to use this, and causing some damage.
totsandfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 326/274/190

Height: 5'6"

Hehheheheh I think its real but its to be used if your job takes on the road and you want to eat or work in your car between appointments. It does say not to drive with it. Anyone can leave a review, its not like eBay where you have to actually buy it. This review is freaking hilarious..........remember this in the news??

My copilot and I both used these during our "daily grind" transcontinental flights from San Diego to Minneapolis. We had to modify them a bit to fit snug against the instrument panels (when we bought them we didn't realize the planes we fly don't have steering wheels!), but in the end it did the job. With our laptops firmly in place we were able to focus our attention on what really mattered, participating in raids with our WoW clan. During our last flight we were so immersed in trying to take down Eranikus that we overshot Minneapolis by a full hour and a half before some annoying flight attendant interrupted us, babbling something about "FAA and F16 fighters."

We'll definitely use this product again at our next gig, whatever and whenever that happens to be...
odonnela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 326/274/190

Height: 5'6"

I can't stop reading these customer reviews.....this is just way too funny!!!
odonnela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #7  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonnela View Post
I can't stop reading these customer reviews.....this is just way too funny!!!
I know! Some of them are hilarious! I can't believe how many people chimed in on this- over 500 comments!
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

It's a game people play to hype up something silly. I saw this one awhile back about the 3 wolf moon t-shirt and how it has mystical powers

http://tinyurl.com/2dvsdc2

This one has over 1,000 comments and a video

Last edited by sarahyu; 10-28-2010 at 08:29 PM.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote